Imgur Issues for Android users.

Do any other Android phone users have a problem with uploading to Imgur? I'll upload a photo, and it will tell me that it's uploading and a popup says "It won't be long now." It's apparently a common issue, and they have an article on their site about it:
Their solution is to make sure you're uploading the right file types (which I am), and that they're not too big (they're not). If that doesn't work, they suggest you uninstall the app and re-install it. Re-installing the app only works around 20% of the time for me, and at this point, next time I uninstall it, I probably won't reinstall it.

So I was wondering if any other Android users have found a workaround, or do you just use a different app for uploading pictures?

kreole

Gold Member
Works fine from the browser for me, for what that's worth.

The browser on your Android phone? Because when I access Imgur through the browser on my phone, it only prompts me to download the app if I want to upload a picture.

kreole

Gold Member
Yep. I just click to view the desktop site (on Chrome and Kiwi browsers), and the upload ("New Post") button appears as normal up at the top left.

slppRYc.png

After clicking New Post:
GGFGKeB.png

Richard338

Gold Member
This is really good. I had installed the app which won't give you the bbcode for your image. I just deleted the app and used chrome to access the desktop version and can see the codes for my images just like on a PC.

Peregrin

Traditional Forum Moderator
Gold Member
The Android app has been working fine for me.
plkZ8ej.jpeg

Richard338

Gold Member
The Android app has been working fine for me.
plkZ8ej.jpeg
Maybe I'm missing a step or two. Do you obtain the bbcode directly or do you add IMG syntax yourself?

ETA while quoting you I think I caught a glimpse of what you do...