Imgur pics won't load

richtrix

Gold Member
Just recently I have not been able to see any pics in the imgur links. I see the imgur page but the pics won't load...Any help will be greatly appreciated.

7LR6lvj.jpg

Works OK for me.
Click on the picture .
Over on the right, select BBcode and click the "copy" button.
Paste it into the post.

tYw1rfB.jpg

Works OK up here too. Maybe clear all your history, flush the DNS cache and log back into everything. Click on the copy link second from the bottom BBCode, paste it right in the body here and post the message. Don't try to use the picture upload button.

I've been using tinypic. And had a good system going for pics that didn't take too long. But being owned by Photobucket, I knew life expectancy would be limited. That time has come.

So.....what next? There are many posts about imgur. Some even rave about it. Spark almost demands it. ;). But, it is NOT very iPhone friendly. Does it work? Sure. But requires many more steps than what I've been used to. Kinda even miss tap-a-talk in terms of photos. The big miss with imgur and iPhones is that you cannot just grab bbcode like you can on a desktop (or tinypic on any platform).

So now I have to upload the photo, name it (never had to do that), grab the basic http link, paste it, then peck out the HTML IMG code on both ends of the link. The symbols required are found over three different keyboards of a small phone. Not as smooth as typing on a desktop keyboard. And just a bit worse with somewhat arthritic hands...but that's another issue.

Anyone else have similar frustrations with imgur? Any suggestions?

So now I have to upload the photo, name it (never had to do that), grab the basic http link, paste it, then peck out the HTML IMG code on both ends of the link. The symbols required are found over three different keyboards of a small phone.
Why don't you just paste the basic link in the image popup?

Screenshot_20190811-184451_Chrome.jpg

Why don't you just paste the basic link in the image popup?

View attachment 1177464

On my iPhone 7, the text window looks like this....

cckA5QA.png

The standard layout that you are seeing does not work with this platform for some reason. Spark Spark found a workaround for me early on in the last major transition. But in doing so, also lost the quick formatting functionality.

Scroll down and choose the Xenforo Default Style instead of the other skin and see if that gives you more options.

Scroll down and choose the Xenforo Default Style instead of the other skin and see if that gives you more options.

Almost identical to what I was using, but with fancier buttons.

I've also tried using the direct upload to BF. But it first requires an image resize, which is actually even more steps away. And I've really tried to not be a forum disk clutter kind of guy. The forum is at its best with tons of images. But no reason to duplicate all of those on forum drives when there are image hosts that will do the heavy lifting. I just need to find the right one for my situation. I love spending time here. But I'm also bound to continue use of apple hardware as I have a child that works for them. I guess the hunt for the right combo continues.

3A5kHvy.png

Ok, I've turned the rich text editor back on to see how it blends with imgur and my current iOS. Maybe things have changed a bit since the original cutover.

ukPqTox.jpg

Looks like that now works for planting the IMG tags. I still don't like the look and functionality of imgur, but will work in a pinch. Thank you for everyone's help.

Back