Imperial Question

Hi, I'm hoping someone here can help me with the age of a knife. Its an Imperial Super Kamp-King. My research on line hasn't turned up anything yet. This is the knife.

SCampKing1.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Leo

That is a SUPER KAMP KING with an extra two blades. I could not find it in the old catalogs. If you would provide the stamp on that big spear blade we can match it up.

2433758666_d1b3998fd3.jpg

Thanks thawk, the list of stamps helped. Going by them, its somewhere from 1946-1956. And just because, here's a close up why I bought this one, the beverage can-opener.

SCampKing2.jpg

Leo

Another thank you, that list of tang stamps also helped me date a Hammer Brand Junior Kamp-King I have. For some reason, I love old, cheap knives.

Leo

I wonder, is there a way to date a knife even a little more specifically in the ranges given? I have a kamp king jr, 3 blade, and the tang stamp is the 1956-1988 version. I know this knife is more than 30 years old, but is there any tell tale factors that can place it atleast in a specific decade? Design changes, other stamps, etc. It drives me crazy to have a 32 year range, I am a stickler for dating and researching ALL my knives as thoroughly as possible...even the cheapos lol. Any further info is appreciated!
Jim
Bonez Customs