Important Question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Amazing Virginian

Gold Member
So someone posted a question on the "Buy, Sell and Trade thread" and I did not think it should be discussed there since it seems to be such a problem if there are any posts there which are not posting knives for sale.

So I started this separate thread to see if we could get a definitive answer, especially since (depending on the answer) I may have inadvertently facilitated a violation of the rules here.

Someone posted on that thread looking to buy a knife.

Soon afterwards, someone else posted a question.

The question was:

"Do you have to be a gold member to buy/sell/exchange on this thread?"

Underneath, the poster appeared to answer his own question: "Moderator: Yes." Not sure where he got that info???

Then, later, another poster wrote:

"Same rules that apply in the main Exchange also apply in here, i.e, no membership is required to buy or to respond to a trade deal but to sell, you will need to have a minimum of Gold level membership."

I am a gold member, and therefor allowed to buy and sell knives here. But the fellow who posted looking to buy a knife is just a regular member. I offered to sell him the knife he wanted.

QUESTION: Have the rules been violated?

TIA!

My understanding is forum exchange rules apply.

Gold to sell. No reposting in 2 weeks.
Basic to offer something for trade.
Any member can post to buy (claim), and want to buy.

Posting with pricing required, no Net-to-me sales posts, etc.

My understanding is forum exchange rules apply.

Gold to sell. No reposting in 2 weeks.
Basic to offer something for trade.
Any member can post to buy (claim), and want to buy.

Posting with pricing required, no Net-to-me sales posts, etc.
That was my understanding as well.

But the "Moderator: Yes" comment certainly contradicts that.

Perhaps the Moderator simply didn’t get into specifics and was responding to the question generally: “Yes”, it is correct that Gold level membership is required to do ALL of the actions listed i.e. buy, sell AND exchange... (even if it is also true that you can do SOME with a lesser or no membership)

Last edited:
Perhaps the Moderator simply didn’t get into specifics and was responding to the question generally: “Yes”, it is correct that Gold level membership is required to do ALL of the actions listed i.e. buy, sell AND exchange... (even if it is also true that you can do SOME with a lesser or no membership)

The post wasn’t actually from a mod, it was as if a mod was saying ‘yes’.

If in doubt, read the rules. They are posted at the top of every excahange section.

Bottom line, and check my advice as well, you have to be gold or higher to post - want to sell, want to trade, want to buy - but you can respond to any of these at any level.

My advice to be taken with a grain of salt, but all rules are posted if you take the time to search.

Winston

The post wasn’t actually from a mod, it was as if a mod was saying ‘yes’.

If in doubt, read the rules. They are posted at the top of every excahange section.

Bottom line, and check my advice as well, you have to be gold or higher to post - want to sell, want to trade, want to buy - but you can respond to any of these at any level.

My advice to be taken with a grain of salt, but all rules are posted if you take the time to search.

Winston

Thanks for your post. But I am curious where are you finding what I bolded in your post.

I looked up Exchange Rules as you suggested, and this is the link I found:

https://www.bladeforums.com/help/exchange-rules/

It says in that link:

REGISTERED USERS - The first level of membership. If you have not purchased a paid subscription, you are by default a Registered User. As such, you are very limited to posting areas in the Exchange. You may respond to threads where you mean to purchase an item, or trade. You are not allowed to create threads for Selling or Trading (but you may respond to existing ads). You do have the ability to create Want To Buy threads.

I am coming to the conclusion that a Registered User is indeed allowed to make a "Want to Buy" post in the "Buy, Sell and Trade thread" in this forum.

Is everyone agreed?

Why don't you guys just read the first post of that thread, by Nathan?

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/the-cpk-buy-sell-and-trade-thread.1454027/

By request I'm creating this thread here so folks can buy, sell and trade CPK knives and gear, including sheaths (yours or mine), scales (yours or mine), fancy screws etc, and also pimping and sharpening services. This thread falls outside of normal BF sales threads so normal feedback isn't available. I'm limited in my time and ability to moderate this thread so if folks start running into trouble here I'll close it.

Any membership level is adequate to buy, but only gold and above can sell or start a post. If you're conducting a trade with a registered user I suggest you wait to receive your item before shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back