1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

How To Improving Accuracy of the BESS Edge Tester

Discussion in 'Maintenance, Tinkering & Embellishment' started by Sharpco, May 8, 2019.

1. Sharpco

Sharpco

Mar 27, 2019

I chose 100 grams to reflect Mike's opinion.

After that, I became more reliable in my measurement results.

NORTHWEST_KNIFE_GUY likes this.
  2. Bladegunner

Bladegunner Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 28, 2016
    I would have liked to see a follow up right after the first test showing the same sharpness. I would assume the pre-strung pieces you can buy would be close to the same tension even though they are not approved for testing sharpness?

3. Sharpco

Sharpco

Mar 27, 2019
    At that time, I didn't have a freshly sharpened blade and didn't test it for consistency. But you will be able to see it in the video I will upload.

4. Wowbagger

Wowbagger Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 20, 2015

Last edited: May 12, 2019