Impulse and Magna...Best Buys??

Richard

BOUNCED EMAIL: I need to update my email address in my profile!
Yesterday I went to a gun and knife show. Ive looked at plenty of ads in magazines for these two knives, and they looked pretty cool. I figured I would check them out at the show, but with thier low MSRP I figured they would be second rate "me too" tactical type folders. I handled one, then the other. The fit and finish is very good, and I had decided to buy one. Which one??...tough choice, so I bought both
smile.gif
First impressions of these are that they IMO are every bit the equal of well known production knives from other companies. I have much more to say on these, but I am going to use them all I can for the next week or so, and will post an in depth review of my findings. I have a sneaky hunch that these will turn out to be top-notch heavy duty folders worth far more than I paid for them.

Here they are before I go and beat up on them
smile.gif

View

Richard

To Richard:

Thank you for your purchase and your comments. I look forward to your reply after you put the Impulse and Magna through the paces.

While Edge Tech products do offer great value there is no skimping on quality, design and innovation. These models represent our first two introductions to the tactical folder market and we currently have several exciting new products in development.

Again thanks for your support and I trust these knives will serve you well.

------------------
Sincerely,
Outdoor Edge Cutlery Corp.

David Bloch

See our Online Catalog at: http://www.outdooredge.com

Haven't handled an Impulse (yet) but have seen the Aluminum Magna and the new Paragee. Outdoor Edge is producing some excellent buys. These knives offer more bang for the buck than similar offerings by other companies. I really am surprised that these knives have't gotten more press around here.

------------------
Dennis Bible

....Almost here, The Leading Edge....
http://www.theleadingedgeonline.com

Outdoor Edge's knives are real sleepers. They are constructed as well as anyones elses products. Their design, Impulse especially, is very stylish. It isn't your usual tactical style knife. More people need to find out about them.

Dollar to dollar, there is no any folders from any major brands has better overall quality and design than Outdoor Edge's Impulse and Magna.

I still remember the first impression I exam my new Impulse. Except with a lesser blade steel (which I don't "see" any difference), it can compete with any higher-end, $100-price-range knives side by side.

Some new CRKT folders are close in prices, but still fall short in quality and design. I bought a few of their new designer ones after I owned my Impulse and Magna. To tell you frankly, I don't consider to keep any one of them.

Looking fowards to get my "Paragee". I call "Knife Center" yesterday, and they didn'y have it yet.

I haven't managed to get around to buying the Magna yet. But, I bought a used Impulse on the forums. Frankly, I still can't believe how much knife I got for my money. Regardless of price, it has to be one of the most stylish, unique "tactical folders" on the market, IMHO.

I know Dennis has the aluminum Magna for a real good price right now, just can't manage it at this time. For anyone who never read the Magna review in Blade, Kim Breed suspended the Zytel model between 2 bricks and rested all his 190 pounds on the center of the knife. No problem at all. So, can only imagine how strong the metal handled model is.

By the bye, yesterday, Knife Center indicated they had both the plain and combo-bladed Paragees in stock. I have to get that to compare to the Camillus EDC. Even tho the OE price is lower, my money is on it for quality. Someday soon.

------------------
Asi es la vida

Bugs

I have a growing number of knives, but the Magna remains one of my favourite folders. The quality and workmanship is superb, and rivals the quality of several high dollar U.S. made production folders. All I can say is: Get a Magna! Get a Magna! Get a Magna!

Back