1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Week 4 of the BladeForums 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways is live!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Benchmade Limited Edition 319DLC-1801 Proper, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday January 26!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Matt "Charlie Mike" Freeman passed away unexpectedly last weekend. We have various threads posted in both the General & Community forums, please share your memories:

RIP Charlie Mike

A Go Fund Me has been started to help cover his funeral expenses: https://www.gofundme.com/cmftw-for-matt-f

In a winter's Garden, matched slip joints

Discussion in 'The Gallery' started by SVanderkolff, Oct 28, 2017.

1. SVanderkolff

SVanderkolff KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 31, 2002
    The matched pair of slip joints called "In a Winter's Garden" is finally finished. Between the new job, the fall chores , running the kids around and just general laziness, these took a lot longer than I had anticipated.
    The knives have all the same material, 154 CPM blade and back spring, 416 stainless bodies, and mammoth tooth bias cut inlays. I once again have to thank Rick Genovese for his willingness to share his inlay process and patience with my stream of questions.
    The knives are 3 5/16ths inches long closed and 5 13/16th inches open. They are flush in all three positions.
    These were designed as a matched pair in that one of them is thinner lighter and has what I would term as an easy pull, the other is slightly thicker both in blade and body and has a medium/light pull.
    Mr Charles Turnage supplied the mammoth tooth which was as usual perfect for the project.
    These will be sold as a matched pair.
    Thank you very much for taking the time to read my ramblings and for taking a look at my knives.
    Your comments are always appreciated.
    Steve
    winter-garden-pair-1.jpg winter-garden-pair-2.jpg winter-garden-pair-3.jpg winter-garden-pair-4.jpg winter-garden-pair-5.jpg

FOG2, popedandy and barcbsa like this.
  2. Bmgillum

Bmgillum Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 8, 2016
    What a great set!!!...Congratulations...

Cheers/bg

3. severtecher

severtecher

Feb 24, 2002
    Wow Steve, it just gets better and better. Superb! Kevin

4. SVanderkolff

SVanderkolff KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 31, 2002
    Thanks

5. Trebor87

Trebor87

Jun 2, 2018
    Those are some nice looking knives there

6. abcdef

abcdef

Oct 28, 2005