1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In a winter's Garden, matched slip joints

Discussion in 'The Gallery' started by SVanderkolff, Oct 28, 2017.

1. SVanderkolff

SVanderkolff KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 31, 2002
    The matched pair of slip joints called "In a Winter's Garden" is finally finished. Between the new job, the fall chores , running the kids around and just general laziness, these took a lot longer than I had anticipated.
    The knives have all the same material, 154 CPM blade and back spring, 416 stainless bodies, and mammoth tooth bias cut inlays. I once again have to thank Rick Genovese for his willingness to share his inlay process and patience with my stream of questions.
    The knives are 3 5/16ths inches long closed and 5 13/16th inches open. They are flush in all three positions.
    These were designed as a matched pair in that one of them is thinner lighter and has what I would term as an easy pull, the other is slightly thicker both in blade and body and has a medium/light pull.
    Mr Charles Turnage supplied the mammoth tooth which was as usual perfect for the project.
    These will be sold as a matched pair.
    Thank you very much for taking the time to read my ramblings and for taking a look at my knives.
    Your comments are always appreciated.
    Steve
    winter-garden-pair-1.jpg winter-garden-pair-2.jpg winter-garden-pair-3.jpg winter-garden-pair-4.jpg winter-garden-pair-5.jpg

FOG2, popedandy and barcbsa like this.
  2. Bmgillum

Bmgillum Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 8, 2016
    What a great set!!!...Congratulations...

Cheers/bg

3. severtecher

severtecher

Feb 24, 2002
    Wow Steve, it just gets better and better. Superb! Kevin

4. SVanderkolff

SVanderkolff KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 31, 2002
    Thanks

5. Trebor87

Trebor87

Jun 2, 2018
    Those are some nice looking knives there

6. abcdef

abcdef

Oct 28, 2005
    Very smooth.