In Case of Damaged Shipments

Karda

BANNED
From time to time an Item may arrive to you with shippng damage caused by the carrier.
In cases such as this Auntie Yangdu has a procedure that needs to be followed so that a claim with the carrier can be made.

Inspect your merchandise upon reciept.
If there is damage:
please rebox the item as it was in the container it came in and re-tape it shut.
Mark it "return to sender" and send it back to Auntie Yangdu.
It would probably help if you file a formal complaint with the carrier.
She will refund your money and then be able to file a claim.

Your help and understanding in these matters is much Appreciated!

Thanks for posting this. I had a problem with a USPS delivery in May, 2010. I'd ordered a pair of DOTD ASTKs, and the box arrived with a hand-sized hole in the box, and contained only one of the knives. I took the box and the ASTK I'd received to my local Post Office (so I could show them what was missing -- they had no idea what a "Khukri" was, or how big it was -- "We found a pocket knife; that's not it, is it?"). There was also much of confusion about whether I had to file a claim for the missing knife or whether Auntie Yangdu needed to, so it's good to see a policy posting. I've purchased several khuks and swords from HI (as well as from individuals), and that's the only delivery I had trouble with, but it wasn't a good experience; I was quite angry that the USPS reps seemed unconcerned that someone had stolen things from my package. Auntie Yangdu sent me a replacement, so I have no problem with HI over the incident, but I'm still angry that someone along the delivery chain took my stuff.

Jnphares,

On a side note i've never come across any loss from HI (i'm very much thankful) but recently lost a box of folders which i'm pretty sure some knife aficionados decided it's his/her early Xmas gift. Nothing...it vaporized without any trace.

Back