In praise of the Moran fixed blade

I just picked up the drop point blade model and have owned the upswept blade model for about a year. These have to be some of the best bang for the buck production fixed blades out there. The ergonomic handle and thin, flat ground blade make the knife a pleasure to use. Great slicer.

If you have thought about getting one of these fixed blades, don't hesitate.

ceg

Have to agree with you Geode. It's a great knife. I've been using an upswept model for several years now for a hunting knife. Easy to toss in a pack, great sheath, great handle and nice thin ground blade.

I carried my upswept Spyderco Moran for years. Very light, you forget it is there until you need it.

I don't use mine as often as my Sebenzas but it is still my favorite small drop-point fixed blade. I highly recommend it.

I have one of the early ones with the acorn bevel. It is a truly wonderful knife, and the price is really very reasonable. These deserve to be better known. We'll see what the Mule program can do to invigorate the reputation of Spyderco fixed blades.

bdws1975

Basic Member
I just got an upswept moran in trade and it's a really nice knife.

Good job sal!

brett

Anyone see the February 2008 Field and Stream? Page 80. Moran came in a close second to the Gerber LMF II Infantry. Two pretty different knives IMO, which demonstrates how good this knife must be. I'm gonna have to get one. Drop point for me.

I have an upswept Moran and really like it. Especially like the holster which clips to my belt at just the right angle to keep the knife handle just to the left of my belt buckle. Within easy instant reach.

Native XF ad, Below bottom BC