1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

In the same size, is there a match for the TG-M?

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by scubaan, Jul 16, 2016.

1. scubaan

scubaan

Jul 28, 2012
    Hi guys,

As the title mentions, is there in the same size, a match for the TGLB-M?

Just curious since I like the TGLB-M so much :D

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  2. ozgooner

ozgooner

Sep 24, 2011
    The TG-M (it's not LB) is very close in size to the Swamp Rat Rodent 6

3. Ndocyk

Ndocyk Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 5, 2013
    I was going to say the same, for the size of the blade on the M I think the team Gemini handle is too big. For that blade size the Ratmandu type handle of the rodent 6 is much better.

4. tinfoil hat timmy

tinfoil hat timmy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Ash 1, Boss Jack.

5. ozgooner

ozgooner

Sep 24, 2011
    Tom Kanik of these parts posted this image over on the Scrapyard forums (and maybe here as well somewhere):

[​IMG]

6. darkaether

darkaether

Dec 23, 2006
    There were a few really nice looking Regulator variants that were a little shorter too.

7. Firestrike

Firestrike

Dec 23, 2012
    I have an TG-M, RMD, JMD, and Trash1 all in that range with a BG Boss Jack coming soon. So far I have carry and used the TG-M the most and like it the best in that size range, most likely due to it being familiar with my most favorite Busse the TGLB. I do like the JMD's blade profile a lot, but the handle thinness is too thin. My wife mostly uses the RMD, the handle is great (seemingly a good bit thicker than the JMD ) but the blade shape doesn't do it for me. The Trash1 is decent but I again am not a fan of the blade shape, same reason that I have steered clear of all variations of the Steel Hearts ( also Res C just isn't flashy for EDC type carry ). We shall see about the Boss Jack I am excited to get that one in hand.

My opinion as of now stands at I have yet to find a perfect 5.5"-7" knife yet, I generally prefer to carry 7.5"-11" blades for woods bumming and the like, or sub 5" fixed knives like the Rodent Solution or SOB when in civilized territory.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  8. zmbhntr

zmbhntr ̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿''̿ ̿ Platinum Member

Jul 28, 2014
    Agree 100%. The TGM has too much handle for the size of the blade for me, I have bought two at different times but sold them because of that fact. I love the TGLB though. Infidu is great.

9. The Hobbiest

The Hobbiest

Mar 17, 2016
    Not sure what you mean by match but there is at least one TAC handle offering in that size by Busse (Axe Hammer) as well as the Hell Razor.

10. xxwarderxx

xxwarderxx Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 27, 2015
    I haven't used a TG-M, and have only just received my BAe2s, but as far as cutting length, should be a great contender. I'm really liking my BAe2 already, just needs a few mods.

11. u812

u812 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 15, 2002
    I too think the Badgers and maybe even the SOBs are very close.

12. scubaan

scubaan

Jul 28, 2012
    Considering looks, I think the TG-M wins, however looking at practicality I'm not sure

13. saniterra

saniterra

Oct 29, 2005
    The SJTAC is about the same size, blade the same thickness, 0.50" less in lenght, handle thickness about the same.

14. resinguy

resinguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 19, 2006

I luv it when the OG lurkers come out to play...

Friend, really, only 100 posts in 11 years? Come on, share your wisdom and experience.

15. AZTimT

AZTimT The Stripetition Finish Guy Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 15, 2009
    Sar6 :)

16. u812

u812 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 15, 2002
    Wouldn't a SAR4 be closer?

17. AZTimT

AZTimT The Stripetition Finish Guy Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 15, 2009
    SAR4 blade is just under 5 inches, SAR6 is about 6.5" with very similar shape to the Team Gemini Maddie (not mini) blade which is about 6.25". ;) SAR8 would be similar to regular TG.

[​IMG]

18. mach 5

mach 5 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2012
    For my 2 cents I will agree with these guys about the handle / blade ratio; it just looks stumpy to me, and it seems the same blade capability could be had in a much smaller, more efficient package. I would take the ash 1, swatman/infidu, boss jack over the TG-M. I do love the full sized TG crusader though. I also believe the Sarge 7 is greatly under-loved around here in the slightly larger 7in. category.

19. welderknifenut

welderknifenut Gold Member Gold Member

May 2, 2011
    I also never really liked the handle to blade ratio on the TG M, but looks can be deceiving the only way I would know if I really would like it would be to handle one in person, but unfortunately I did not jump on one in Op 2 weeks.