In the Shop 4/14/2013

I have another set about finished and since I had the camera out I thought I would post the group as there are some really pretty knives on the bench!

Attachments

• DSCF6355.jpg
    DSCF6355.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCF6356.jpg
    DSCF6356.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCF6357.jpg
    DSCF6357.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCF6358.jpg
    DSCF6358.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 31
My wife has a little dog that weighs about 3 1/2 pounds. We also have a large Barred owl that thinks the dog is a "happy meal". It has swooped down to try and get the dog twice in the past couple of weeks including this morning. It is brazen enough to just land in a tree probably less than 30 feet from our deck. I thought I would share a picture of the owl. My wife wants to shoot it! I think the owl just thinks the dog is a squirrel and eventually will figure out it isn't worth the trouble as I keep yelling at it when it swoops down.

Attachments

• DSCF6369.jpg
    DSCF6369.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 14
Wow. Those knives look gorgeous and the owl is too cool. Thanks for sharing.

Mike,

Great selection of beautiful knives; It looks like the Case knife between the Mt Brockman Tiger Eye and what appears to be a Marcasite is a Royal Imperial Jasper. Just curious what it is? It sure has an awesome pattern.

Also, is the So. African Tiger Eye on a Case Peanut? It looks to be an exceptional Golden Tiger Eye.

Thanks for all the pictures,
Dennis

Dennis,

You are correct on all counts and the Marcasite was done on a request from you.... :)

The Imperial jasper is one of the best I have ever seen but was literally 1/8 inch too short for a buck 110 so the next biggest knife scale to show it off is a vintage Case Whaler.

Attachments

• DSCF6504.jpg
    DSCF6504.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCF6506.jpg
    DSCF6506.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCF6511.jpg
    DSCF6511.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCF6513.jpg
    DSCF6513.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Mike,
I would be honored to take the Marcasite....Thank You. I'm glad that you added more photos of the Imperial Jasper. It is surely a rare great looking patterned stone that would compliment the Redrummd collection.

Good Luck with protecting your dog from the Owl,
Dennis

Some NICE looking stone Michael.

Ever come across any pietersite? I've seen some on high end knives and it is one of the most beautiful stones i've seen.

Peter

Peter,

I do use Pietersite on very occasions as it has become nearly impossible to buy any. It has been mined out both in Africa and China.

Back