Incomming Magnum Series

Just ordered a boker magnum folder B-01YA069 to round off my order does anybody have any experience with this model......or pics thanks in advance:thumbup:

Normally, I try to avoid answering questions like this, cause when I write something, it looks like marketing or making advertisement for it...

This knife is a big one, it has a nice shaped blade and a large grip, that you can control in nearly every situation. If you do not expect cutting and edgeholding performance of a S60V, you will be satisfied, it is a pretty nice knife in this price range.

Hope this helps a bit...

thanks for the reply.....got the knife last week exellent purchase for the money.....

Saw this one at the store, didn't give it a closer look though. (Only interested in higher end blades lately :(, probably missed some goodies) Handle seems a bit funny, haven't touched it so can't really tok ab00t the ergos. Like the bladeshape a lot, my kinda curve. *slash, slash* :D

PS this knife is not available on the European/German site.

Edit: any jimping??? FWIW Böker could scale it down a bit, with slight modifications/upgrades it might a capable competitor of the Spydie Tenacious and Benchie Vex. Just my 2 cents...

Last edited:
I think as far as comparing it to a tenacious or a vex not likely, since the thumb stud is just a cast (poorly at that) piece of metal that looks like they broke it off in the hole before it cooled ,the g-10 scales are nice and the liner locks on the blade tang about 3/4 of the way thru.........for the $$$ its decent 9$ is what i paid...and no jimping

bro, I mean after modifications (i.e. jimpings and stuff) and upgrade ;) I know the thumb thingie on it is crap, but then again, I'm spoiled EDC an EKI Mini Com and a CLB Trance. Replaced the Trance today with a Fällkniven TK4, being the idiot I am, lost almost a tea spoon of blood :mad: no pain :D That sucker is gonna be non-active for a long while, Perrin Quattro for tomorrow.

Tobias, could you leak out so info on the new Perrins Böker is gonna distribute? Tri-folder?!

Last edited: