Photos Inertia Help

So not to long ago I sent my inertia in cause the blade was dull and off center well I got it back and now it's rubbing and leaving marks on the blade. So I guess my questions are is this a common problem? Can it be solved? Or should I just use the piss outta it and see what happens cause it's a budget knife?

Disclosure: some maye remember the last inertia thread. I'm not here for the nonsense. If you don't have anything decent to contribute take it to another thread please.

Now the rub marks are on the base of the blade before it goes into the handle and flipper tab.
Thanks a bunch for your (constructive) input

20181105_145502 by B H, on Flickr

20181105_145534 by B H, on Flickr

20181105_145538 by B H, on Flickr

20181105_145631 by B H, on Flickr

I'd just use it.
I've seen and used knives with worse rub than that looks to be.

I wonder if snap ring pliers will work or a homemade special screwdriver and loosen that nut a tad if that'll solve the problem?

Personally, I don't see the problem with the pivot rub. Like someone else pointed out, if you didn't have the rub you'd have blade play.... It's actually purdy hard to see the scratches...

Last edited:
I wonder if snap ring pliers will work or a homemade special screwdriver and loosen that nut a tad if that'll solve the problem?

Personally, I don't see the problem with the pivot rub. Like someone else pointed out, if you didn't have the rub you'd have blade play.... It's actually purdy hard to see the scratches...

Yeah in the pics it was hard to catch the scratches but their easy to see in person. And ur right I can loosen the piviot with needle nose but then there's the trade off. I just didn't know if there was something I could do that I wasn't thinking of.

If it's openable you could check the washers and maybe put different washers in that would fit with the whole configuration.

Back