1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 21 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Megatherium!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives Megatherium, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, May 25; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

INFI and Delta 3V in the Woods - An East Coast Camping Trip - Weekend of 5/3/19

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by zmbhntr, Mar 29, 2019.

1. zmbhntr

zmbhntr ̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿''̿ ̿ Platinum Member

Jul 28, 2014
    About three years ago I set up a camping trip in order to get a group of Busse enthusiasts into the woods to use our knives. The trip was a success and the 6 of us that attended had a lot of fun. Last year I hosted a second spring camping trip, and it too was a blast, so much so that it's now a spring tradition. Now that spring is quickly approaching and the weather is getting nicer, it's time to set up another trip for those that would like to attend. Everybody here on this forum is welcome to attend, and you are welcome to bring friends so long as they are respectful of my property and the other people attending. Family is welcome to attend, but there is likely to be drinking around the fire in the evenings (and probably other times too) so keep that in mind if you want to bring little ones. The camping trip will be the weekend of Friday May 3rd through Sunday May 5th.

Here is the thread from the trip in the spring of 2016, pics start around page 10 I believe: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...st-Camping-Trip-v2-Weekend-of-April-30th-2016

Here is the thread from the trip in the spring of 2017: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...oast-camping-trip-weekend-of-4-28-17.1475105/

My land is a little over 50 acres in WV; most of it is pretty steep but there are plenty of places to pitch a tent that are accessible from a gravel driveway. I do not have running water or electricity on the land, but I do have plenty of room for us to put our INFI to good use, have a big fire, and enjoy the woods.

There is a Walmart (11 Harness Rd, Moorefield, WV 26836) nearby that would probably be the best place to meet at and get supplies if anybody needs anything. There are also plenty of restaurants nearby if people don't want to eat camp food the entire time. It's obviously not required to attend the whole weekend, if you can only make one night or just a day that is completely okay.

People that are attending (list will be updated when more people confirm):
    • Zmbhntr
    • breavis5694
    • rcb2000
    • resinguy
    • legaleagle
    People trying to come (working on schedule etc.)
    • zombieassassin
    Here are some pics from the previous trips:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  2. PABladeGuy

PABladeGuy Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Great times!

I got confused thinking those were your personal Busse collection

zmbhntr likes this.
  3. WatermanChris

WatermanChris Gold Member Platinum Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2018
    This looks awesome! I wish I lived close by.

Make sure to post lots of pics! I love seeing all that Resi C and that MOAB is awesome!

Ironkid883 and zmbhntr like this.
  4. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Wish I could come.!!

zmbhntr likes this.
  5. zombieassassin

zombieassassin Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Add me as for now....I'm trying.

zmbhntr likes this.
  6. Ironkid883

Ironkid883 Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 29, 2018
    Planning my own irish wild camp at minute your property looks awesome and so does the tableful of busses

zmbhntr likes this.
  7. Cobalt

Cobalt Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 1998
    Where were you guys when I lived there. Beautiful. You guys should build an outhouse/latrine and a cabin with your knives. :eek:

zmbhntr and MacLaren1 like this.
  8. amflud

amflud Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Hahaha! I’m lost! I’m so used to seeing this in the Busse forum, that’s where I thought I was when I replied in the CPK forum.

You folks have fun. Too far away for me.

zmbhntr likes this.
  9. resinguy

resinguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 19, 2006
    We've only done this twice? Seems like I remember more food and fun than that? OTOH, bourbon may have been involved.

Not sure yet on this one. Sunday, May 5 is our 40 year wedding anniversary. If I tell resinwife about this she will almost certainly encourage me to attend. But that could come back to haunt me. (married guys get this)

decisions, decisions...

nydude and zmbhntr like this.
  10. zmbhntr

Jul 28, 2014
    What’s her email? ;)

11. T.A.C.

T.A.C. Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 2001
    Lots of steel out there. Good thing you brought along a big enough blade for that cake !!

zmbhntr likes this.
  12. Sonnydaze

Sonnydaze Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 6, 2009
    That first pic (with all the knives in the tree) is just plain amazing.

zmbhntr and LizaMari like this.
  13. Cheesehead_Slasher

Cheesehead_Slasher

Apr 21, 2016
    If anyone from Wisconsin plans to attend let me know :)

zmbhntr likes this.
  14. MacLaren1

MacLaren1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 15, 2014
    Gosh, I wish I could come but, school is still going on in early May.
    An absolutely perfect time to have a GTG though.
    May is a mighty fine month!

zmbhntr likes this.
  15. zmbhntr

Jul 28, 2014
    Plenty more camping spots are still available

16. Garth Reckner

Garth Reckner Moderator Moderator

Dec 13, 2004
    So did the weekend GTG happen? Where's the pics?

Garth

inspector-callahan and zmbhntr like this.
  17. zmbhntr

Jul 28, 2014
    Unfortunately, the rain was supposed to be extremely heavy all three days, so the trip got postponed until this summer. We are working on the exact date, but I’ll post it here when we have it nailed down.

zombieassassin likes this.
  18. boring

boring Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Sorry to hear that, but I could not have made that date. Maybe still a chance then....

zmbhntr likes this.
  19. Garth Reckner

Garth Reckner Moderator Moderator

Dec 13, 2004
    Hopefully a summer date will allow a few more people to make it. Take tons of pics.