1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

INFI Machete... good idea?

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by BePrepared, Jun 23, 2012.

1. BePrepared

BePrepared

Aug 26, 2010
    So, would you folks say that an INFI machete, perhaps latin shaped, would be worth the premium that it would certainly cost?

Typically even a very good carbon steel machete will run you under $100. I'm sure an INFI machete would be at least 3-4 times that.

Is there enough benefit in .15" thick INFI to make it worth the cost?

What do you guys think... if Jerry made a 14" latin machete, would you buy?

2. svbk556

svbk556

Aug 19, 2011
    Interesting but...no. I think you are underestimating the cost ratio. I would rate it at 7-8 times the cost of say a Condor-made cutting tool. Which, in my opinion does a very good job of dispatching of the task at hand.

3. svbk556

svbk556

Aug 19, 2011
    Unless of course you are Danny Trejo and have a movie named after your weapon of choice

4. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    I think yer AK will be yer machete?
    I also think you gots it BAD for Busse.

5. tinstaafl93

tinstaafl93

Aug 13, 2011
    I like the idea but unfortunately the cost for me is prohibitive, my machetes a for hard use. My fav right now is made from 1075 with a 14" blade that I had lots of fun making, and will out cut most other machetes I have seen

6. BePrepared

BePrepared

Aug 26, 2010
    You thinks i haz it bad? my wife thinks i'm crazy. I don't even have the first 4 that i ordered, and i already have a grand set aside from my last paycheck for my next ones...

i think i have a problem... fortunately, i'm VERY good at ignoring reality

see, i have myself convinced that Busse knives are in "investment"... i know it's BS, but i can't say that too loud or i might hear me...

7. dman62

dman62

Sep 27, 2010
    B10 feel reminds me of a machete but maybe that's just me.

8. PeterPHWS

PeterPHWS Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 31, 2005
    You need to upgrade to "gold membership" BePrepared ... cos you do have it bad :D That would enable you to use the search engine and you will see that there has been an Infi machete made ... done by the custom shop a long while back it recently came into one of the Hogs hands who posted some great "user" feedback ... had us all jealous as sin ... but the cost was pretty high ...$1300 IIRC ...

Let me see if I can find the old post ... I will add a link to it here ...

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/911179-Nuclear-Butter-Knife

"The Infi Butter Knife" ... with "dericdesmond" as the lucky owner ....

Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  9. VoxHog

VoxHog Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2007
    I use a machete frequently, and my Condo Bolo Machete is my current go to knife. I would love to use a Busse instead. Bring it!

10. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    Chris- You crack me up!
    I hope your wife is as forgiving as mine.
    btw, I'd dig a Busse machete.

11. Brummie

Brummie Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 13, 2007
    A normal, thin-bladed machete is always going to take too much damage in use to want to spend megabucks on it.

But Busse should definitely do a short heavy machete. My vote would be for a Basic-14, perhaps with a bit of bolo-styling. Produce that at a price point not too far beyond the B11, and I reckon there would be a stampede.

12. resinguy

resinguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Not in INFI. Scrapyard should make it: 18" blade of 1/8" thick S7, with a ResC handle.

btw, the Bussekin swords are not at all machete like in their ability to cut light,thin, whippy vegetation. The blade profile is too obtuse for that.

13. Jaxx

Jaxx Moderator Moderator Platinum Member

Jan 18, 2006
    I'd buy almost anything in INFI...but I'd have to agree that as we know it, INFI might not be the best choice for a machete, and it would be pricey to boot...but a Scrap Yard machete in Guy's specs above would be sweet.

...But of course, if the Bossman wants to prove us wrong...! ;):thumbup: :D

14. Sharp Knives 86

Sharp Knives 86 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 27, 2009
    An 18" bladed machete in INFI would be sweet but to be honest, I don't think I could bring myself to pay more than $100 for a machete but, if Jerry ever does make a "Bussechete" ask me again then.

15. RussMo

RussMo

Apr 1, 2007
    +1, I 110% agree with Guy!!! SYKW can do it just fine...

16. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    Anorexic INFI machete??

17. SavageSmurf

SavageSmurf Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 9, 2009
    Honestly i know you're half joking, but if your buying new, with the intention of reselling, Busse knives will likely yield a greater annual return on your investment than contributing your money into an IRA. Although over time, IRA wins out due to compound interest, but if your talking a 5-10 year period, few things will grow with as comparable a consistency as maintaining new Busse knives.

18. gk4ever2

gk4ever2 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2008
    As much as I like the Res C handles, I would love to see how a long, thin blade like that would feel with a Res C handle. S7 would seem like the best choice.

Gene

19. RedbeAR15

RedbeAR15 Platinum Plucker Platinum Member

Sep 29, 2008
    We already have one. It's called NMFBM

20. leatherman

leatherman leathermoderator Moderator

Nov 30, 2001
    Ah memories, I remember back in oh say '07 someone was filling up the first page with questions and driving the old hogs crazy......

Wish I could remember that fellas name. :D

dangit! Its right on the back of my mind....................... :p