INFI Ratmandu UPDATE

Unfortunately you got maroon??
Do you not like it?
Or is it just that you like the looks of this run's black canvas?.
Recent maroon has looked pretty good (imo); so I suspect you'll like it... if not, you can probably work out a swap with somebody that has a black one:thumbsup:

I've got an unopened box at home with 2 BIG DC RMDs...one in maroon, one in black. If I get home at a decent hour, and feel functional enough; I'll unpack them & take a picture or two of the handles.

Last edited:
I had to look up my order; black with maroon. About 10pm the first night.

No ding yet.

No regrets, patience piglets.

So far the ones that showed up on the Web the black micarta looks really black!! Typically it’s not that dark. They look great.

Unfortunately I order maroon. Or moron. Not sure what one I am.

I like the maroon. It looks lighter than older examples I saw that first attracted me to it, but it should darken with use over time. I like it better than black, as classy as black n satin is, just for that super dark, rich look that still has a bit of color to pop.

We returned home last night and there was a notice from UPS stuck to the door. My status says "shipped", so I hope it's my knife.:)

Reactions: rpn
My credit card just got hit by the hogs. Hopefully it comes in before the weekend.

My status has changed to..awaiting shipment! I’m sure I’ll get a shipping notice soon.

I like the maroon. It looks lighter than older examples I saw that first attracted me to it, but it should darken with use over time. I like it better than black, as classy as black n satin is, just for that super dark, rich look that still has a bit of color to pop.
They have certainly came out in different shades that's for sure. i have one that is so dark I called it Oxblood - then I've had one so light is was almost a pastel - This is right down the middle and matches some other's I've got in maroon. Either way I wasn't too concerned as it has a different road ahead :cool:

Reactions: mb>
I love this knife. I hadn’t noticed the handle scale thickness difference until others commented, so I got out my son’s original RMD from the very first run. The blade stock on the old one is a bit thinner, and the tube rivet openings on the new one are smaller, which sucks because I was hoping to do a handle swap with a different RMD. I really wish they would offer the GREEN AND ORANGE G10 scales again. That is my absolute favorite on the Swamp Rat knives.
@Jerry Busse

Just for clarification I had a satin blade and a coated. So I guess coated blades are starting to get charged too.

Dings are coming. Pay-Pal notices are sent for now. We just wanted you ALL know if you ordered the Dan the Bully Sheath to ship FREE with your orders We will be processing those later this week. Happy Monday everyone.
XOXO
Amy-0
Amy
Customer Service
Busse Knife Group

How does the FFG Ratmandu fit in a kydex sheath made for the original Ratmandu?

How does the FFG Ratmandu fit in a kydex sheath made for the original Ratmandu?

My FHFG does NOT fit in my Buy Brown kydex sheath for a standard SR101 saber grind RMD. It is hard to tell from photos and I have not seen it written elsewhere, but the FHFG RMD does not have the same blade profile as a standard RMD. It has a good amount more belly than the standard RMD and therefore is too wide in the last inch or so (at the tip end) to be able to fit a standard RMD sheath.

Anyone else notice the same? I am still deciding if I like it. I generally prefer a little less belly and a pointier tip like the standard RMD. Pretty surprised they changed it.

Remember with all orders you place through us just let us know if you want it Non signature required. We ship everything signature required unless you ask us not too. Any issues with Shipping contact Patti direct (Our AMAZING shipping manager) at shipping@bussecombat.com
Amy
Amy-0
Customer Service
Busse Knife Group

Didn't know this, I will need to email you soon so I can get it without fighting USPS. They are notoriously bad about letting me know about attempted deliveries if no one is available to sign.

Very excited to see mine headed out soon. I was dinged on a coated one yesterday @David Brown

My FHFG does NOT fit in my Buy Brown kydex sheath for a standard SR101 saber grind RMD. It is hard to tell from photos and I have not seen it written elsewhere, but the FHFG RMD does not have the same blade profile as a standard RMD. It has a good amount more belly than the standard RMD and therefore is too wide in the last inch or so (at the tip end) to be able to fit a standard RMD sheath.

Anyone else notice the same? I am still deciding if I like it. I generally prefer a little less belly and a pointier tip like the standard RMD. Pretty surprised they changed it.

Interesting. Mine do fit into the regular saber grind sr101 RMD sheaths (Buy Brown). There's no rattle at all. The retention is still snappy good. The only thing I've noticed is the shape of the scale by the choil are different, so the sheath doesn't fit perfectly. But it snaps in and holds just fine. Nevertheless, I'm asking Dave to make me a couple more sheaths for the FHFG INFIdu/INFImandu. I can't wait!

Back