Infi Waki ?

David Lennon

Gold Member
Hi I'm just wondering does anyone know if an INFI Waki exists. Seen one being sold as INFI but no stamp of INFI on it or a talon hole , it looks the same as anyone I've seen before.
The person says they bought it from a knife dealer in Germany as INFI.
Sorry I can't upload a picture as I can't get the site to allow me to upload photos anymore.

A Busse blade can be Infi without the logo saying Infi. Swamprat and Scrapyard blades will say Infi if they are Infi. A Infimandu says SwampRat INFI. If the Waki is ever made in Infi it will say Swamprat INFI. I would be in for at least 1 !

This is the piece we are talking about. For me it looks just like a standard Waki in SR-101.
Maybe the Bossman could chime in and confirm!

132778124_3525414824349533_3536160341938080085_n.jpg 132801545_3525414951016187_3409999802570055728_n.jpg 133411745_3525414877682861_5525568263377219993_n.jpg

A Busse blade can be Infi without the logo saying Infi. Swamprat and Scrapyard blades will say Infi if they are Infi. A Infimandu says SwampRat INFI. If the Waki is ever made in Infi it will say Swamprat INFI. I would be in for at least 1 !

This is the truth, in fact the same applies AFAIK to most if not all SR-77, 154CM & D2 Swamp Rat knives. They will ALWAYS be marked as such, any time the steel used is anything other than the standard SR-101. The only time this may not be true, conceivably, was if the knife was ordered & requested to be made 'sterile' or completely devoid of any logo's or markings.

This is the truth, in fact the same applies AFAIK to most if not all SR-77, 154CM & D2 Swamp Rat knives. They will ALWAYS be marked as such, any time the steel used is anything other than the standard SR-101. The only time this may not be true, conceivably, was if the knife was ordered & requested to be made 'sterile' or completely devoid of any logo's or markings.
The shop will only make a Busse Infi blade sterile. Example- a bf member ordered a AR 9.5 with no logo. It came without the SYKCO logo, but still said INFI. This prevents someone from ordering a blade that is not Infi, sterile and then trying to pass it off as Infi.
Busse = Infi ( unless other steel is specified on logo, such as Sr-101)
Swamprat= SR101 ( unless other steel is specified on logo, such as Infi, or Sr77)

'sterile' = no logos or markings at all
not just missing one of them

edit: sorry, I am dumb. busse combat sterile = no logo at all. swamp rat or scrap yard sterile with infi def. will say infi.

Last edited:
Th
This is the piece we are talking about. For me it looks just like a standard Waki in SR-101.
Maybe the Bossman could chime in and confirm!

View attachment 1479857 View attachment 1479858 View attachment 1479859
That's it exactly thanks J jakob.k I can't get photos to upload and you got permission from the owner.The owner is saying he bought it from a knife dealer as INFI who resells some Busse's. I never seen one in anything else but SR101 . Thanks JACKMANDU JACKMANDU and Father & Son Traditional Sharpening Father & Son Traditional Sharpening that was my understanding on the logos.

Last edited:
Only thing I can add to this great info (or sorry if I missed it) is that they also make a change to the design when a release is done in Infi or other variants. FFG, Fullers, stock thickness, Talon Hole diameter, scale thickness &/or position. Some may be readily apparent or advertised, some not.

Open to being wrong but I can't think of a case otherwise.

Why does everybody keep misspelling butaniku?

Honestly, I dont want to get my hopes up. I need it too much, its an indispensible part of a good zombie loadout. A good, efficient long sword is absolutely necessary to save ammo and cut down on noise. But its such a flagship for Busse that I just don't see it being reissued before the 50th anniversary. I think that also goes for the Moab and Gladius. It would make no sense to re-issue them, theyre just too iconic and valuable to the brand.

Back