Infi Waki ?

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by David Lennon, Dec 26, 2020.

1. David Lennon

David Lennon Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 26, 2017
    Hi I'm just wondering does anyone know if an INFI Waki exists. Seen one being sold as INFI but no stamp of INFI on it or a talon hole , it looks the same as anyone I've seen before.
    The person says they bought it from a knife dealer in Germany as INFI.
    Sorry I can't upload a picture as I can't get the site to allow me to upload photos anymore.

jakob.k likes this.
  2. Maggot Brain

Maggot Brain Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 11, 2012
    No such thing, my friend... sorry.

David Lennon likes this.
  3. David Lennon

Nov 26, 2017
    That's what I thought but I said I'd ask more knowledgeable people.

4. JACKMANDU

JACKMANDU Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 10, 2019
    A Busse blade can be Infi without the logo saying Infi. Swamprat and Scrapyard blades will say Infi if they are Infi. A Infimandu says SwampRat INFI. If the Waki is ever made in Infi it will say Swamprat INFI. I would be in for at least 1 !

vkp78, jakob.k, duramax and 1 other person like this.
  5. jakob.k

jakob.k Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 28, 2016
    This is the piece we are talking about. For me it looks just like a standard Waki in SR-101.
    Maybe the Bossman could chime in and confirm!

132778124_3525414824349533_3536160341938080085_n.jpg 132801545_3525414951016187_3409999802570055728_n.jpg 133411745_3525414877682861_5525568263377219993_n.jpg

David Lennon likes this.
  6. Maggot Brain

Jun 11, 2012
    This is the truth, in fact the same applies AFAIK to most if not all SR-77, 154CM & D2 Swamp Rat knives. They will ALWAYS be marked as such, any time the steel used is anything other than the standard SR-101. The only time this may not be true, conceivably, was if the knife was ordered & requested to be made 'sterile' or completely devoid of any logo's or markings.

vkp78, David Lennon and JACKMANDU like this.
  7. JACKMANDU

Feb 10, 2019
    The shop will only make a Busse Infi blade sterile. Example- a bf member ordered a AR 9.5 with no logo. It came without the SYKCO logo, but still said INFI. This prevents someone from ordering a blade that is not Infi, sterile and then trying to pass it off as Infi.
    Busse = Infi ( unless other steel is specified on logo, such as Sr-101)
    Swamprat= SR101 ( unless other steel is specified on logo, such as Infi, or Sr77)

vkp78, jakob.k, cpirtle and 1 other person like this.
  8. jakob.k

jakob.k Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 28, 2016
    'sterile' = no logos or markings at all
    not just missing one of them

edit: sorry, I am dumb. busse combat sterile = no logo at all. swamp rat or scrap yard sterile with infi def. will say infi.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
    OnceBitten and David Lennon like this.
  9. JACKMANDU

Feb 10, 2019
    jakob.k and David Lennon like this.
  10. David Lennon

Nov 26, 2017
    Th
    That's it exactly thanks @jakob.k I can't get photos to upload and you got permission from the owner.The owner is saying he bought it from a knife dealer as INFI who resells some Busse's. I never seen one in anything else but SR101 . Thanks @JACKMANDU and @Maggot Brain that was my understanding on the logos.

11. Maggot Brain

Jun 11, 2012
    As a bit of trivia to add to the conversation, can anybody tell me the ONLY piece of INFI that was EVER offered by Swamp Rat prior the Waki offering (which was SR-101... ;) )??

David Lennon likes this.
  12. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2011
    INFIcoot?

David Lennon likes this.
  13. Maggot Brain

Jun 11, 2012
    That's a BINGO! Probably my favorite Swamp Rat design to date... great for EDC!

[​IMG]

LOOOVE the Old School Logo & Tan Res-c/Coating look too!

[​IMG]

Note that even in the early days of Swamp Rat, these were still marked 'INFI'... :)

[​IMG]

JACKMANDU, tuica, Currawong and 2 others like this.
  14. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Correct. Dog Soldier 8 MO says NUTHINK

David Lennon likes this.
  15. DamascusBowie

DamascusBowie Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 20, 2016
    Ruck Force One would be epic in infi.

vkp78 and David Lennon like this.
  16. ScoMa

ScoMa Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 13, 2017
    Why does everybody keep misspelling butaniku?

David Lennon and OnceBitten like this.
  17. cpirtle

cpirtle Leathercrafter Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 28, 2001
    Only thing I can add to this great info (or sorry if I missed it) is that they also make a change to the design when a release is done in Infi or other variants. FFG, Fullers, stock thickness, Talon Hole diameter, scale thickness &/or position. Some may be readily apparent or advertised, some not.

Open to being wrong but I can't think of a case otherwise.

18. DamascusBowie

DamascusBowie Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 20, 2016
    Honestly, I dont want to get my hopes up. I need it too much, its an indispensible part of a good zombie loadout. A good, efficient long sword is absolutely necessary to save ammo and cut down on noise. But its such a flagship for Busse that I just don't see it being reissued before the 50th anniversary. I think that also goes for the Moab and Gladius. It would make no sense to re-issue them, theyre just too iconic and valuable to the brand.