Photos Info on custom 110?

Welcome to the Buck forum. Thank you for sharing pictures of your knife with us.
It would be helpful in approximating the age of the knife if you could show a clear legible picture of the tang stamp.
/Roger

as ya said yours has been customized. not sure who did the work but.........Michael has done awesome work gathering up factory versions and putting this website together. while your exact knife won't be there, using the cues on the blade stamp will help to figure out which version it might be and details of that version. might help pin it down a bit outside of who did the customized work to it. sheath if original to that knife too as well since he has sheaths for versions and paperwork, etc.

of course as Roger said stamp helps open that door right out of the gate

Different and good filework..that's a plus along with the Stag. It might be Sambar and looks similar to Factory. But my expertise is more towards the 112. Is there initials on the back side of the lock bar? Sometimes Leroy Reamer ( Buck employee and famous for high grade Customs) would put LR there or even under the Stag..

Thank you for the replies.
I had figured it was custom work, it was bought in Texas, sometime in the 1970's and then put away and never used. It has been in that sheath for forty or so years as far as I have known.

Here is the stamp picture.

Different and good filework..that's a plus along with the Stag. It might be Sambar and looks similar to Factory. But my expertise is more towards the 112. Is there initials on the back side of the lock bar? Sometimes Leroy Reamer ( Buck employee and famous for high grade Customs) would put LR there or even under the Stag..
Thank you for the info. No initials, that I have seen.

as ya said yours has been customized. not sure who did the work but.........Michael has done awesome work gathering up factory versions and putting this website together. while your exact knife won't be there, using the cues on the blade stamp will help to figure out which version it might be and details of that version. might help pin it down a bit outside of who did the customized work to it. sheath if original to that knife too as well since he has sheaths for versions and paperwork, etc.

of course as Roger said stamp helps open that door right out of the gate
Just began looking through your link. Wow, that is a truly detailed and interesting list of info and pictures, thank you!

Doing some comparing, this knife certainly resembles the "variation nine (V5V9)" on that page.

Last edited:
It seems like every variation on the two-dot (from Version 5 Variation 4 through Version 5 Variation 9) has a noticeable difference in the shape of the kick. With careful study you might be able to narrow it down to a specific one. As I look further I can tell it's NOT a V5V4 by the plunge line, and I think I see only two handle pins, so that may narrow it down to a V5V5 from 1974.

It seems like every variation on the two-dot (from Version 5 Variation 4 through Version 5 Variation 9) has a noticeable difference in the shape of the kick. With careful study you might be able to narrow it down to a specific one. As I look further I can tell it's NOT a V5V4 by the plunge line, and I think I see only two handle pins, so that may narrow it down to a V5V5 from 1974.
It seems to me that it has the tall BUCK logo on the blade. So V9 seems most likely.

The frame appears to have been rounded,unless it was re-bladed with a two dot blade.

There was a choil cut into the blade right in front of the kick.

Yeah. I am unaware of what has actually been modified on it. I just know that it has been the way that it is, since the seventies.

Back