Info on Possible new law in Calif.

I heard that there might be a new law trying to get passed in Calif. That would ban the carrying of knives altogether. I figured if any one would know it would be here.

Thanks, Brian

1) It's not possible to introduce new legislation until the Spring session next year. So if something comes up, it won't be for a while.

2) If it does, I'll know about it :). So will CJ Buck through his completely separate channels. It ain't gonna sneak up on us.

3) It will be very politically difficult to pass that. California has liberalized knife carry lately (starting in '97) and there's been no rise in "knife crime". They ran into a lot of opposition on the recent switchblade thing, more than expected, and it's net result was dropped into something pretty harmless with the revised letter of intent.

upshot: I'm not very worried, not about this.

I agree with Jim. If something was cooking we would have heard about it. Neither Statenet nor our lobbyist in CA has made any mention.

I will put the word up to our lobbyist just to check around. He is not on our payroll at the moment but he is always watching.

Hey Jim... I might be visiting my fiancee's family in San Diego and Monterey in the near future. I always carry my Emerson Commander everywhere I go. It does have a wave. Is it legal in Cali?

Back