inherited green beret x5 info needed

I inherited a Green Beret X5, the box say's that it is made from 440 stainless and that it is a limited edition commemorative , handmade by saburo. It's a two position knife that can be used either as a dagger or a standard bowie style. I know nothing about this knife other than what it states. It does have a number on the tang that appears to read 5368 (my eyes aren't that good even with a magnifying glass). Does anyone know anything about this knife? Is it worth anything? I'm sorry for not posting any pictures but will do so asap.

By dagger he means a push dagger so it would fold to a T or be opened full and appear to be a fixed blade. I found an auction were one sold in good condition for $20 but was missing the grip from one side. Like anything else it is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If you run it on ebay at a very high reserve but low opening bid it will cost you a couple bucks but you should get an idea what someone would be willing to pay for it.

This is what it looks like...

sabo1.jpg

sabo2.jpg

that's it, with the exception of the sheath. The sheath doesn't have the tooling and doesn't appear to be leather.

Back