1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED! Live stream of the winners being picked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ6xurJWkhs

Hey folks! We're having a Becker Giveaway over in the Giveaway forum, check it out and have a chance to win a free Becker 4 Machax, Becker 5 Magnum Camp, or Becker 15 Short Trailing Point!

Inkosi Insingo - New Batch coming in September!!!

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by Roofis Danger, Aug 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Ironbut

Ironbut Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2016
    I've been waiting for a Wilson Starbenza-Inkozi Insigno, but it doesn't look like that's gonna' happen any time soon. So I guess when the Black Micarta Large Inkozi Insignos become available again, it'll be an auto-buy for me.

2. josh yu

josh yu Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 14, 2017
    Does anyone know if the thumb studs are removable? If so, is it difficult?

3. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Dazed and Confused Platinum Member

May 3, 2011
    Not removeable.

josh yu likes this.
  4. blanco112

blanco112 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 1, 2016
    Placed my order the first day we could and finally got it today. It's perfect! IMG_20170929_171251~01.jpg

Ironbut, lemmuhj and socom1970 like this.
  5. lemmuhj

lemmuhj Gold Member Gold Member

May 2, 2010
    what an awesome profile ! So glad CRK produced these. Can't wait to get mine!

6. FordFan

FordFan Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 11, 2012
    I woke up yesterday thinking I would get an Inkosi Insingo. My thinking was I like many features of my 25 compared to my Large Insingo but I like the blade shape on the Insingo. I had all but decided to part with the money and increase my CRK fleet by 50% to a total of three. Then something weird happened.

I decided to sharpen my Insingo. I took down the Insingo, placed the blade in my Wicked Edge, reprofiled to 17.5 degrees per side using the 400 grit stones and worked through all the progressions. The result was a mirrored edge and a great slicer. Then I added CRK oil and put it back together all while noticing the patina of my knife....the blue from my jeans on the plain Jane titanium slabs, the scratches on the blade, the snail trails, the stretched out lanyard, the clip I had to bend back after catching in the shop one day, etc. Through the process of cleaning and sharpening my Insingo I was reminded why I like that platform so much. I decided to hold off getting an Inkosi Insingo at least for now and stick with my Insingo, the one I have had for years and used so much.

We will see how long this new found attraction lasts. For now, none of my cash is enroute to Idaho.

JohnM likes this.
  7. blanco112

Nov 1, 2016
    Yeah I love how it looks. I think the insingo blade they use on the inkosi, with that little bit of extra belly really flows well with the aesthetics of the handle.

8. awd_xtc

awd_xtc Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 25, 2015
    When will there be more smalls?

9. Ironbut

Mar 1, 2016
    Nice! USPS Tracking says that my Large Inkozi Insigno will be here Thursday.......maybe. I was trying to hold out for a Wilson "Star-kozi" Insigno to match my Starbenza 25, but I'm old & impatient, so I just ordered the plain. It's gonna get used anyway.

10. blanco112

Nov 1, 2016
    The one I have is a small and I probably won't get a large inkosi until they make a Star-kosi. So far they haven't made any insingo Wilson Combats though so we may be in for a long wait for those.

11. lemmuhj

lemmuhj Gold Member Gold Member

May 2, 2010
    Just picked up a new Large Micarta one from a dealer. They are shipping

12. Roofis Danger

Roofis Danger

Aug 9, 2017
    I called Chris Reeve Knives yesterday to ask specifically about the Small Inkosi Insingo knives. They said they just sent a shipment out 2 days ago, so keep an eye out for them this week or next week. Some of the big vendors have just posted some new Large Inkosi Insingo's. If anyone sees any of the small versions before I do, please post the info so I can order one.... please. Thank You.

13. Ironbut

Mar 1, 2016
    Just came today. I thought I should get a picture before it gets snail trails & scratches.
    [​IMG]

Lone_Wolfe likes this.
  14. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Dazed and Confused Platinum Member

May 3, 2011
    I've got a new-to-me large Micarta in my pocket right now. Seriously solid knife!

socom1970 likes this.
  15. blanco112

Nov 1, 2016
    The only reason I'm not getting a large is because my first CRK is a large 21 insigno I still own and the inkosi would almost render it obsolete.

16. HST

HST Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Wish some Lefties would show up.

Nice acquisitions, everyone.

17. socom1970

socom1970

Feb 24, 2015
    Got my small InkoSingo yesterday for my work EDC rotation. I really like the Inkosi a lot. Maybe a bit too much... :) Anyway, I went with old and new today.
    [​IMG]

blanco112, lemmuhj and Ironbut like this.
  18. Roofis Danger

Roofis Danger

Aug 9, 2017
    I finally found my Plain Small Inkosi Insingo in stock! There are still 3 left at KnivesShipFree.com

19. PiterM

PiterM Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 27, 2000
    If you can get one... do so! It's an awesome tool:

[​IMG]

Benson X and socom1970 like this.
  20. awd_xtc

awd_xtc Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Hoping for something special from knife art in the next month or so.