1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Inserting an Avatar

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by cudgee, Jun 29, 2019.

1. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    I am trying to insert an Avatar, but it keeps saying i will not accept my image. I copied something from clip art that i like, would it have something to do with the page size, or can someone give me some simple instructions on how to do it. Thanks

2. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    The image is probably too large. Keep reducing til it fits (the avatar size limit is pretty small)

3. cudgee

May 13, 2019
    I already have down to the size of a postage stamp. I will try again, but i must be doing something wrong.

4. hhmoore

Feb 7, 2014
    I had to shrink my avatar (when I had one) well beyond what I used on other sites. Don't assume it's you... yet

5. cudgee

May 13, 2019
    It's me. I have resized the image, but when i try to download it from my file, it keeps coming up invalid image.

6. hhmoore

Feb 7, 2014
    Try uploading the resized image into a post.

**Edited to add - just had a thought...
    What is the file extension of the image? (jpg, png, etc)

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  7. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    ^ Good questions. JPGs work.I usually use a 120 pixels/inch and 2" square +/- a bit. The BF software reduces it more to fit.

Ray

8. cudgee

May 13, 2019
    That is why i cannot do it. I am trying to insert something that is not doable. Far to technical for me. Once you start talking in JPGs etc. i am well out of my depth. Thanks for everyone's help though, much appreciated.

9. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    @cudgee - can you email the avatar photo to me - HERE

Any format or size will do. I'll set it up for you if I can.

Ray

EDIT -
    @cudgee - Tuesday July 2 - offer still open.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    MolokaiRider likes this.
  10. Spark

Spark HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate Staff Member Administrator Super Mod Moderator

Oct 2, 1998
    Upload it to imgur.com so we can check it out

11. cudgee

May 13, 2019
    Would not know where to start to do as you ask. I am not very good with computers or the terminology. Thank you for everyone's help and input, but i am just going to leave things as they are. Was only looking to brighten up my avatar rather than have a blank space, not a major issue in the scheme of things. Thank you everyone once again.:):):)

12. cudgee

May 13, 2019
    Just want to thank everyone for their offers of help. I somehow managed to insert one, but do not ask me how. If i had to do it again, would have no idea how i did it. So thanks again everyone and all of you have a great Independence Day.:):):):):):)

RayseM and benchwarmer380 like this.