instead of Spyderco Terzuola jr??????

I need some help here.
I wanted a Spyderco Terzuola jr, but it seems I can't get one (discontinued).
What would you suggest?
my specifications:
a) similar size
b) pocket clip, tip down carry
c) one hand opening
d) innocent, utility look (not "meant to stab someone"
e) quality and custom-like fit and feeling

Thank you

(P.S. O.K., I know the obvious solutions, please don't tell me "get an Endura or a Delica"

Costas,

Might I suggest the Spyderco Tim Wegner Jr. The size is similar, the blade shape is very useful and the ergonomics are superb. Also fit and finish are excellent and it certainly does not look overly "tactical" (I carry and use mine daily in a school). One point though, it is tip up carry, although the ball-bearing detent is very secure and mine has never looked like opening unexpectedly. On this knife I like tip up carry as my thumb falls right in the blade hole as I take it out of my pocket.

Try it...I think you'll like it
smile.gif

------------------
Take care,
Clay

"Learning is not compulsory.....neither is survival."

Costas - Contact Danelle at Spyderco Customer Service. Ask her if there might be an old reject lying about.
sal

Costas, try The Bladerunner, James Muso at 718 626-2426, Mon.- Sat. 4:00pm- 10:00pm or voice mail: 917 246 5935. $97 at past Sunday show. Gala?

L8r,
Nakano

"To earn a million is easy, a real friend is not."

You shouldnt base your purchase on looks just because youre worried that someone might not like a knife's "sinister" looks. By wanting only a utility-type blade, you've let the anti's win, you've let them affect and somewhat control your life. We cant let them do this even on a small scale! IF WE DO, ALL WILL EVENTUALLY BE LOST!

"you give an inch, they'll take a mile."

Brock
(see my thread on the political arena of this site if youre interested in this issue.)

Sal, you donot sound like you have any fond memories for the Terzuola jr?...I too am looking for one, whats that mean an old reject lying around? Call Danelle...I will...thanks?

Bartman - The Terzuola Jr. was a great knife. Sorry if I gave the wrong impression. May have even been discontinued prematurely, but we were trying to make space and funds for the new Startmate which is a more mature Terzuola design (in my opinion).

What I meant by "an old reject" lying around, is that there may be one with a minor flaw that could not be sold as new. Sometimes these get put on shelves and forgotten. Danelle can poke around and see if she might be able to come up with one. I'll check my old boxes as well. If we can find one, we'll figure out how to get it to Costas.
sal

A couple of yrs ago I had a Terzuola jr.

Unforturnately, I must have gotton a bad one
(mail order), and returned it a couple of days later.

The harder and/or faster you opened the blade, the more difficult it was to close the liner lock. If you "flicked" it open, as I like to do, it was extremly hard to close.

Otherwise, I really liked the knife. Very comfortable, the right size, and what is super is the reversible clip for point up or point down carry. I can't think of another mainstream production folder that has that feature.

If I got another one, I'd want to try the lock before I bought it. Terzuola has a reputation as a great knife builder.

I ordered it throught The Cutlery Shoppe which now has a web page: www.cutleryshoppe.com.

I have always had excellent service from them over tha last many years.

Dear Sal, Thanks for the info. Hope that I did not come across as abrupt. I think the C-19 was a great knife. Might hold out for the STARMATE!! Again thanks. Bart

Back