1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Instinct Users?

Discussion in 'SOG Specialty Knives' started by knivesnknucks, Jan 16, 2016.

1. knivesnknucks

knivesnknucks

Oct 4, 2015
    Hey everyone, my girlfriend just got me the SOG Instinct and I was wondering what you guys think of it. I really like it, and I love its low profile and versatile adjustable clip. I can easily wear it anywhere without it being noticeable to anyone, sometimes not even myself haha. Anyways, I have been using it for EDC and self defense, and was wondering if there are any other Instinct users here. Thanks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. defiant-1

defiant-1

Sep 26, 2011
    Nice, small EDC. Yep, I like the looks of that knife.

Enjoy!

Regards,
    d-1

3. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    It looks very nice. The sheath and clip look good too. Unfortunately it suffers from poor steel. 5cr is below what I would be willing to use. It would dull very quickly in my daily tasks. $35 for a low grade Chinese steel is also asking a bit much. If it was AUS8 that would be much more worth it. If it were VG-10 for a bit more money I'd be all over it. That said, if it is just being used to stab stuff, the steel likely won't matter. And if you have a girl willing to buy you sharp things, she just might be a keeper!:thumbup:

4. spazcsmc

spazcsmc

Jul 30, 2015
    Got yourself a great knife there. I carry the instinct on my belt and a instinct mini as a neck knife. Never had a problem. Very durable. And love the low cost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk