1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Week 3 of the BladeForums 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways is live!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Busse Combat Custom Shop Flak Jack, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday January 19!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Congratulations winners! The Week 2 Giveaway has ended over on our YouTube Channel and here are the winners:
    BladeForums Logo Sticker: Impulse600
    BladeForums Velcro Patch: garythegoat
    BladeForums Logo Tshirt: crocgator106
    BladeForums paid subscription upgrade: billygoat78

Darrel Ralph Dominator 35: norcaldude Winners will be contacted by PM / email, so look for my message!

Intact Burls on living trees (pics)

Discussion in 'Community Center' started by morvlorv, Jan 10, 2019 at 10:37 PM.

1. morvlorv

morvlorv Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2014
    I see a ton of these where I hunt, and I think they are sort of neat.
    not to mention how cool burl is after its cut and stabilized.

I just wanted to post these and see if you guys have any to post as well.
    I am going to keep this as a running thread i think, and anytime I find new ones out in the woods, I will post them up.

Maybe these aren't even burls, but they look like it to me, so please correct me if i'm wrong.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

FOG2 and taldesta like this.
  2. Night Rider

Night Rider

Apr 16, 2018
    Yup those are indeed Burls But I have never seen so many on the same tree :eek:. When I was younger my dads friend who had a hobbie of woodworking use to pay me money to find and harvest nice burls for him so he could make bowls out of them on his lathe. I've been staring at one out my living room window for years now and thinking about cutting it off if I ever think of a use for it. Ill snap a pick in the daylight and post it.

taldesta and morvlorv like this.