Integral damascus santoku

Hi Folks I wanted to show this knife. It is for a friend and forum mate who is also a collector I made an integral like this some time ago he saw it and later order one like it he liked the hard facets on the bolsters it is a different look. I took it for spin last night it cut very well.mc1.jpgmc2.jpgmc3.jpgmc4.jpgmc5.jpg

Looks good. What's the width from heel to spine? 2 1/2 ''? The faceted bolster is appealing and the handle looks comfy.

OH DAMN! Where do I start? The steel is SMOKIN! The fit up is awesome and the facets on the bolsters are icing on the cake. The top shot showing the tapering facets and the plunges that have been perfectly executed. Dave, you nailed it buddy:thumbup: Extremely well done.

I think you have had to made a few knives to fully appreciate this knife to the fullest! Very very nice work!

Beautiful - the damascus, in particular, is really gorgeous.

Roger

EXQUISITE, don't know what else to say, everyone else has taken up all the good adjectives.

Wow Dave.... I mean DAMN! That is beautiful. The steel, design, grinds, fit and finish. All excellent!

Dammit Dave, you're killing me! I'm not a cook by any stretch, but now I have to start studying the culinary arts just to warrant having one of those bad boys in my kitchen!!! Outstanding piece my friend, I LOVE it! You know...Xmas is just around the corner:D

Thanks to all of you for the kind words Mike Mike Mike you gays crack me up. and yes I did start this knife about 8 mouths ago But Mike would tell me no hurry Dave whenever you can get to it is fine then in this last 2 mouths I went on a kitchen knife run I made no less then 10 kitchen knife blades and finished at lest 5 of them and at the end of that run it just felt right to finish Mikes knife. If I Had finished the knife 8 mouths ago it would not be the knife that it is today.

Each time I step to the grinder it is time for another lesson each knife is a teacher and I am forever a student.

So nice Dave! I love it when you post your work, keep them coming :)

Back