Integral Folder "prototype"

Scott, that is an incredible knife. I love integral fixed blades and could find myself going for an integral folder as well. S30V is a great choice for you to use as the standard steel for the blade.

This knife should be a real winner for you. It has as high quality a look as I have ever seen. I am very impressed.

The knife looks incredible; if you make a lefty I will definitely pick one up.

That is a great looking knife,It's another got too have.That sound you hear is me squeezing into the lineup.:D

Scott,

Are there any plans for a clip on this one? If so, tip up or tip down carry?

OK guys, don't shoot me but I had to ask ;)

I certainly hope that if a clip is available that it, and the accompanying screw hole(s) are optional. This way everyone is happy :cool:

p.s. James, I just knew you would show up :p

That's absolutely gorgeous. NO CLIP! Pouch it up, instead!

Or, you could mount a clip and send it off with a pouch so the customer has options :D

Seriously, I didn't think much of it before, but I tried my EDC without one and it feels so much better. I like the convenience of a clip, but it feels so much better when it's clean.

Zero

Clip, schmip.

For a handmade knife, the clip should be a custom feature.

That's why they are called custom.

Fantastic design, palm swell is a very comfortable shape.

Wood inserts as option?

Please NO CLIP with this beauty.

Regards,
FK

Excuse me while I finish weeping after seeing those pictures.....

Scott, really attractive knife!

Clip? Personally, I take my clips off, so a naked option would be nice. Of course a clip is a great feature at times and when it is I prefer a tip-down carry. Totally neglecting the issue that it is safer that way, it is also far easier for me to deploy the knife that way. I grab the knife by pinching the heads of the pivot screws, when it clears the pocket, it rotates right into my hand and is positioned perfectly for opening. No shuffling up the handle from the but end. Safety and convenience- it's the best of both worlds. And of course it would help differentiate your knife from others that are tip-up while giving the consumer greater choice.

Of course, my fantasy clip would be one that would collapse into a recess in the handle somehow when not in use. That would take the clip to the next level of total integration rather than added-on.

Hi:

No clip, just a pouch. Do have clips as an option, however I would much rather have three screws for the clip, rather than the one screw and the indentation on the sebs.

Mike in Seattle

I don't use clips at all, and think a folder this size deserves a sheath. The lines are also too sweet to add anything to them. Beautiful simplicity.

Scott - thank you sir! I was hoping it would be S30V.

Clip - definitely! I'm one of those who have no preference of tip up or down. I just want clips on my folders!

What a great design!!!

From the number of posts above, I believe there has already been a "backlog" created on this new design. Will you have a table at the Blade show, and will this prototype be available?

Gotta have a clip on my folders. Tip down please.

I hope you have some at Blade.

Scott,

I'm with Dennis.... tip DOWN! When will we see price and availability? Any pre-ordering???

Back