Interest check on going halves on 12" (or more) of Damacore DC18N Hugin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixall

Brian
Dealer / Materials Provider
Hello Maker's!

I've got a bit of a strange one for ya. I know this isn't technically the correct place for it, but since I'm far from a Knife Maker (and thus don't have the required membership for the correct forum), I got permission from @Boru13 to post this here.

I am currently trying to have a new blade made for a Small Sebenza 21 Insigno out of Damacore DC18N Hugin. I'm sure you all know what this is, but just to refresh your memory, Damacore is a powered metal, stainless damascus patterned steel with an N11X (basically Vanax) core. It's produced by Damasteel. Really awesome stuff.

I will only need a 6" length for the project, but the smallest length I can get my hands on is 1.5" x .125" x 12", which is double the length I need. At nearly $600 for a foot it's a bit of an investment and I'd hate to get stuck with the leftover 6 inches of steel and nothing to do with it. That's where you (possibly) come in!

Would any of you be interested in a 1.5" x .125" x 6" bar of Damacore DC18N Hugin for a little under cost? I figure I'll put in the order for the 12" length and then when it arrives, you can pay your share when I ship your piece to you. It will be cut with a high tension hacksaw.

Total cost is $577.63 shipped for a foot. I'm thinking your cost for a six inch length would be $250 shipped.

If someone wanted a piece longer than six inches, I could easily work that out.
2aWqRg0.png

If no one is interested, I'll go ahead and buy the bar anyways and post the six inch piece on the forum after it arrives.

Here are some pics of the Hugin Damacore from the Damasteel website to give you an idea of how the pattern would look on a knife.

Brian-Tighe-Damacore-Hugin-2.jpg

HUGIN-back_high-8007986-1000x400.jpg

Thanks for your time!

Last edited:
Folks, feel free to discuss the steel, its attributes, HT, etc.

But, if anyone is interested, send Fixall a message. Don't discuss the sale here.

Since a SuperMod said it was OK, I'll leave this post open, just don't discuss the details of the sale here.

there are makers that do reblading of folders i dont think CRK is doing the reblade.
im not in the market for such steel but i hope you find someone to take theh other hahlf

I just was wondering, going by the wording of your post. Who's making the reblade?

For the Damacore Sebenza... Currently nobody, lol. For the last nine months or so, I've been hoping that a well known maker here on the forums would get bored enough to take on the job (they are no longer doing reblades), but so far, no go. There are very, very few people doing Sebenza reblades so I figured it would be good to have the material on hand in case I come across someone with the willingness and ability to take on the job. Damacore is forged to order, so it can take over a month to receive the material. Damacore also has to be heat treated BEFORE it's ground so I figured I would have the bar heat treated by Peter's or someone before I sent it to the maker. I did just send a message to Dylan of Schenk knives a message about the Sebenza, so we'll see what he has to say.

For the Damasteel Delica Wharncliffe, I am currently talking to Hammer Designs and All Damascus Everything.

Alright, I've got someone going in on the Damacore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back