Interesting Morse Code Sebbie

View

First off, I want to thank St.James for telling me about this knife and Bobby Branton for selling it to me. This knife has morse code on the handle that says Think Tuice Cut Once. Yes, it is acutally Tuice instead of Twice. If you remember, there was an article in Knives Illustrated (can't remember the issue but I have it at home) by Bruce Voyles about this knife. It has an interesting story behind it but I won't go into details here. Just thought some of you might want to see a picture of this fabulous blade. I am told only 6 were made. The very best thing about this knife is the born on date. It was made August 26, 1999. 2 Special reasons I like the date so much. August 26 is my wife's birthday (and she thinks its so cool that a knife in my collection has her birthday on it) and the next thing is the year 1999. Our son Caleb was born in 1999. This is a very special knife to me. Enjoy the picture.
michael :D

Thanks for sharing. I was a RadioMan on a Coast Guard Weather ship in the '60s. We worked in Morse code. I had to think a bit until I realized the knife is upside down relative to reading the code.

Again, thanks. It's been a long time since I've thought in dits and dahs.

Michael, thanks for posting the picture, glad to see that knife is in good hands!

Thanks a lot. That's a great one.
I saw there has a "P" on the grip, and the certified card said it was born in 1999.
There must have some stories behind this because if I'm right the "P" is standing for Production and CRK stopped to engrave it on the scale few years ago.

Really nice one.

I was wondering the same thing Joe. I had a very early Sebenza and it had a P on it. It had the silver thumbstud on it. This one has the blue anodized thumbstud on it so I guess it is a later piece. Not sure why they put the P on it. Maybe Chris or Anne could enlighten us on this.

Can someone fix the pic? Also, could the entire morse code with each corresponding letter fit onto a sebenza handle? That would really rock.

The picture was hosted by photopoint and they are no longer on line. I have a picture and will try to post it later.

I noticed that you didn't offer that one for sale when you cut back your Sebenza collection recently. Wise fellow indeed...:)

very cool.....i saw the article and wondered who had these in their possession....feverdoc

St.James, I couldn't bear to part with her :D I have 3 old classics including the Morse code and I decided to hang onto them a while. I may end up selling them one day but for now I like looking at them too much!

Ok, I finally got a picture of the Morse Code Sebenza. Its not the best in the world but here it is.
michael

Attachments

• morse code sebenza.jpg
    morse code sebenza.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 262
Back