Interesting Review

Hi Ken,

I had seen that review. He calls them f-14's. He basically comes to the same conclusion as others who have handled one of this companies products.

Brownie

Interesting review. Made me take another closer look at those knives. :)

Keep looking, Mr. Golok. I don't own an ER yet (it's on its way), but all of their line looks like bombshelters in cutlery form.

Not yet. The store had sold out and were expecting more this week. Just sent an email asking if they're in yet.

Jonesing for my first ER folder. :(

Does ER have shares for sale?
I normally don't believe in stocks and bonds, as investments, but I think ER has a thing going and it only get better.

Nemesis is a great knife.

However, it's HUGE (bigger than the GB/AR, probably approaching Maxx 5.5 size) and the Nemesis's blade...well... I'll get to that.

It's built like the proverbial tank (if there was anything overbuilt like a Strider, this is it); the lockup is insane, everything about it is butt-wigglingly overbuilt.

But...Well, let's say if you were a Spydie Military kind of guy, you wouldn't go for the Nemesis.

The blade profile is basically an isoceles triangle. The GRIND was so steep I could barely sharpen it on my EdgePro.

I couldn't cut anything with it. Stab, oh my, oh yes. Cut, no. It's been said that there are some mighty sharp 90 degree angles... well, this one was sharp, but getting the grind through anything was impossible. The low profile also makes it difficult to guide through the cutting channel.

But I bet it would make an absoutely awesome SD knife...

One of these days, I'll find myself a Fulcrum to play with.

Just my $0.02.

-j

Biogon,

Thanks for the info. Looks like it's going to be lots of fun sharpening when I get it.

Kewl!

I actually had no problem sharpening either of my ER folders (the LE DE Col Moschin was already plenty sharp, LOL!) with just my SharpMaker.....

:)

Allen
aka DumboRAT

The little experience I've had putting the ceramics to the MPC show the blade material takes an edge pretty quick.

The overall geometry of the blade and it's edge profile need to be kept at, or close, to the original design. Too fine an edge on the MPC or Nemesis could make the edge the weak point in the overall picture.

Brownie

I have a .25" thick Greco with an edge geometry similar to what Biogon describes.
It does not cut everything as well as a knife with a thinner profile might, but it will still cut printer paper with ease and punch through automobile sheet metal without damage to the edge.
I have to really pay attention to sharpening it, though, if I want to bring out its best qualities.

Along with Biogon, I appraise the Nemesis as the premier self defense folding knife.
If I wanted more of a multi-purpose knife, I would go with one of the other blades offered by ER on this platform.

If it can cut cars andpaper, then isn't everything else pretty much in between?

;)

Right now, my EDC lineup is a generic SAK, an ATR, and a serrated Meerkat. My guess is that swapping out the ATR with the Nemesis will still retain all of my utility needs.

Sounds like it'll be a well-rounded EDC line-up. Hope you get your knife soon.

I have an MPC and they are everything they say. Frank Miller (ER USA) is one helluva guy He has been patient and helpful every time I have called. ER is the Nex-Gen of combat folders. Great weight, and the edge stays!:D The ease of disassembly and reassembly is a definite "+" as well. Keep up the great work ER!

Compared to the MPC the Nemesis blade looks fragile. Obviously, fragile it isn't, and its plain edge looks more versatile than the MPC partial serrations. I'm still not sure the MPC/Nemesis isn't too big, especially the handle, and the Fulcrum thumb grooves look like a better control surface than that permanent upper guard.

At this point, I'm looking at the Fulcrum II D, with the MPC in the background if I decide I really need a pocket axe. :) I think I should have bought the $200 Fulcrum I saw for sale on KFC. :eek:

He's dropped the price consistently over the last few days. They're all at the same price-point on the various Forums/boards.

:)

Allen
aka DumboRAT

Back