Off Topic International mail

u812

Gold Member
Have any of you had very long shipping times on international mail coming into the US? I worked a trade on a Marathin JSAR from Singapore. It was shipped registered air mail on Nov 9. Still not here. I can track it on Singapore post but all it shows is dispatched to US. Tracking is not available through USPS. Getting worried.

I've been having the same problem in Australia. International tracking shows it hasn't left the origin country in two months, and then suddenly it appears at your door with no warning. I think the tracking system probably isn't working accurately.

Registered air mail can take very long (I think they’re shipped via sea route instead of air). In my experience, international shipping (both import, export) is best done via Fedex or UPS, those big guy who does air... of course by paying a bit more. Best bet is to contact the shipper to see if they can ask Singpost about progress?

Edit: I usually use this side to track international packages, they link to various carriers worldwide: https://www.ship24.com/
Hope this helps

I put in an inquiry with Singpost but haven’t heard back. I sent my side USPS international priority and he had it in one week.

Yes it's slow and currently dependent on being in the right place at the right time to make the flight. The majority of "mail" travels as cargo on passenger flights and with 'Rona causing the curtailing of so many flights mail has been building up and backlogging in different destinations. It has eased a bit but nothing like I am use to. I got a packe from here to the US in 10 days follwoed by one that took over two months. Luck of the draw. I also had one from Singapore that was mailed in July 2020 arrive three weeks ago.....

I have had the same size packages from Asia come in 10 days vs 14 weeks.... Same shipper, same service. It's simply a crapshoot at this point.

Best to be patient.

At the same time, I am expecting a small Etsy package from New Jersey... Shipped two weeks ago via USPS, no tracking updates since it left shoppers hands, no package seen yet.

Got am email from Singpost this morning saying that they have not gotten a reply to their inquiry about it from USPS.

I just hope it’s not sitting on a container ship in the pacific. If so it might be months.

I mean for the most part USPS is struggling to tell people where their own packages are in the US.

I've read there's shipping issues in Aus. & NZ ...perhaps that extends to other parts of the S. Pacific.

Meanwhile, I just took delivery Friday on a Twosun folder from Hong Kong-- 9 days from purchase to delivery.

Not apples : apples comparison to u812 u812 's situation , I concede, but a lot of small parcel trade from that general sector of the globe, to US of A, appears unimpeded.

The few things over the past few months I have ordered from Hong Kong and China have been very fast. Some SAKs from the EU have been much slower.

The fact that it's Registered may be causing the slowness as another guy mentioned, but that usually equates into better tracking and documentation station to station...at least that's what it usually entails in our nation.

It'd concern me most that no one wants to contact you, so far.

I have hope it'll show up for ya later 🤞...keep us up on any breaking news, this is very informative. :thumbsup:

The guy I traded with has emailed Singpost. I have as well with them getting back to me saying USPS has not replied to them. The RC tracking number is not tracked by USPS. Hoping it is just held up in either customs or a shipping container they have not gotten into the system yet. Going to have my PO run the number again tomorrow. If it was scanned into customs they should be able to see it where I can’t.

I had 2 packages at the start of 2020 March/April from the US to Ireland not update for nearly 2 months then both arrived within a week of each other general these things work out. The lack of commercial flights had a major effect on it.
Best of luck.I have an on going one myself to Norway.🤞

JSAR got here today. One day shy of 9 weeks. I also got a pin I ordered out of the Ukraine Friday. Took it right at 3 months. Ordered a Zuludiver strap for it from Watchgeco in the UK today. Paid for express shipping,wonder how long it will take. Advertised as 1 to 2 days. Don’t see that happening.

N
I had 2 packages at the start of 2020 March/April from the US to Ireland not update for nearly 2 months then both arrived within a week of each other general these things work out. The lack of commercial flights had a major effect on it.
Best of luck.I have an on going one myself to Norway.🤞
Nearly a month later it just turned up. That just seems to be the way nowadays.

But that's not always the case.. usually it's a 1 month wait to get it up here and only about 9 days to go down

Back