Introducing the Esquire

Fiddleback

Knifemaker
The Esquire is a small knife. It is smaller than a Hiking Buddy by a good bit. The blade is 2.75" long and the handle is 3.75" long with an overall length of 6.5". I got the inspiration from two sources. Firstly, thought the knife doesn't resemble one at all, Bob Loveless' New York Special was one inspiration. Its my favorite Loveless by far because of how quirky it is. At the show I realized my line needs a little more salt, and this design came from that. The sweeping curve at the tail end of the handle is something I've seen on folders in the past.

Unfortunately, this week, I made myself one, and the other was a dud due to pinout issues. Let not your heart be troubled though, we've got a lot of these profiled. I think they are dead sexy, and fun to make too. I plan to do daggergrinds on some of them, and maybe even some hollow grinding. I hope you like the knife!

IMG_5151-vi.jpg

This pic shows the sexy handle profile, but also it shows the pinout flaw. What a shame.

IMG_5152-vi.jpg

IMG_5152-vi.jpg

IMG_5150-vi.jpg

The knife pictured with the smaller knives in the line.

IMG_5158-vi.jpg

Vs the Hiking Buddy sized knives.

IMG_5156-vi.jpg

Its been a while, but I made a sheath for myself too.

IMG_5154-vi.jpg

Yawn...another sick knife coming out of the Forge. I'm getting bored.

I kid, I kid! That thing is super sweet and looks mad comfy! Congrats on adding another to the line up. Pumped to get a hold of one. Cosmetic seconds on the dud?

Hi Andy,

I like this new design. It is nice to see you bringing out new models, especially on the smaller end that more people will carry and use frequently.

I would like to hear you expand on what you mean when you say, "my line needs a little more salt."

Thanks,

Phil

Looking good! The handle profile near the pommel has a little gunstock flavor to it. It should look sick rockin' a dagger grind. Good job sir.

alright alright alright .. now we're talking! It's a 3F Karda size! I am really liking this one!

Great looking knife, seems like it would be the perfect candidate to bring the Scandinavian grind back to Fiddleback Forge :D

alright alright alright .. now we're talking! It's a 3F Karda size! I am really liking this one!

Yep, and with that flaired pommel, I am liking the idea of a CPM 154 version as a neck or discrete knife :)

Now we are talking!

Not to totally derail, but a scandi patch knife would match the profile perfectly. It's essentially a puukko.

And the esquire too. There. Brought it back on track.

Everytime I see a new post and check out what was said, I take a nice long look at the knives. The more I look, the more I like! Andy, this is one cool little knife.

Got to hold a newly shaped Esquire while visiting Fiddleback Forge yesterday.....this is an awesome little knife that is sure to become a favorite.

IMG_6387_zps75f3a8d5.jpg

Hats off to Andy & Crew for another new addition to the Fiddleback lineup.

Looks handy and comfortable, like the handle shape, nicely done.

Back