Introducing the RyanW "Utrap" Karambit

RyanW

I have been having a lot of fun doing the custom run of 10 Karambits (Still finishing the last ones up)... They have been so well received that I have decided to do a Mid-Tech run of them! I have enlisted the help of some amazing people to make this happen, Pete of ISI Water Jetting, I am using a local CNC guy that is letting me stay 100% hands on which has let me maintain control and learn in the process.

They will be available within the month (April) through various dealers. Stay tuned for the prototype to be unveiled here!

I made some changes to the original Karambit design for these... They will be in CPM154 Here is the first run off the CNC and Post Heat Treat

We decided to try out the 3D Printer to tweak the handle... this was the first version off the table

We made a few changes to the 3D programming and Hit the G10

Stay Tuned
...Ryan

I love this design!

I have heard that term mid-tech before, what does it mean?

Thanks David,
Mid-Tech means that portions of the knife were made using Technology??, CNC Machining... Basically a way to designate a Fully Custom form a production run.

Last edited:
Thank you for explaining that, sorry for my ignorance. So when will your karamibt be available? How much?

wow, that looks great!

Made some more progress on the Utrap... This is the first complete prototype, I still need to tweak a few things before we start the run.
1. Thicker Ring
2. More contour to handle scales

I would love input or comments
Ryan

Cranked out another Prototype, this one has thinner modified scales... Still need to beef up the finger Ring but we are 97% there

And a shot with the Optional Buy Brown Ind. Kydex sheath

Back