1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 35 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a KA-BAR Becker BK5 Magnum Camp

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a KA-BAR Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, August 31 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 34 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Introducing The Trough Raider!! . . . Coming Wednesday May 22, 2019 at 9:00pm Eastern!

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, May 17, 2019.

1. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    Thanks buddy - you sealed the deal because a lot of those same thoughts have went through my head on this one. There is are too many things going on with it not to be intrigued. @Garth Reckner Hey, maybe you could swing by, take a spin around the block and talk about it? LOL!
    I'll let you drive my new mower I just brought home last night` putting an air ride seat on it now :D

2. Crosier

Crosier Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I don’t think I’ve ever had such indecision on a Busse blade. I’m leaning towards in!

WatermanChris and MacLaren1 like this.
  3. Cobalt

Cobalt Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 1998
    Ok, the fact that it is more of a chopper probably just sold me on it. I have no use for fighters, but plenty of use for choppers.

4. Crosier

Crosier Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Many radically awesome design aspects here, but in the end it’s the coffin handle that’s going to get me. Wish it was on more models.:thumbsup:

WatermanChris likes this.
  5. JACKMANDU

JACKMANDU Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 10, 2019
    CDE0313F-0235-41CA-A9E9-847480D6B543.jpeg
    TONIGHT WE CONQUER THE TROUGH!!!

6. DamascusBowie

DamascusBowie Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 20, 2016
    GANGWAY!!!!

7. DamascusBowie

Sep 20, 2016
    COATED UP FIRST!
    GOT MY COMP FINISH WITH BLACK G10
    Although I must say, the big dc finish looks amazing on a big blade, and Im not really a fan of it generally but it looks darn good on the trough raider.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  8. PABladeGuy

PABladeGuy Gold Member Platinum Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Comp with black/green

9. DamascusBowie

Sep 20, 2016
    I was going back and forth, if I still had credit Id get both, but black g10 felt most right here. I have a black and red nuke forsaken mistress in red/black, and I got a matching forsaken steel heart in black red, so my fashion sense chose the black option:confused::confused::cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::D:D:D

WatermanChris, Briandt3 and MacLaren1 like this.
  10. KXAL

KXAL Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2017
    In with black g10 comp finish. Decided to go straight blade tan and black for a consistent feel and any other design to be simple black.

WatermanChris and JACKMANDU like this.
  11. Leonardo63

May 24, 2017
    What the hell, only live once :D

12. JackTheKnifeGuy

JackTheKnifeGuy Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2017
    Damn you Jack.. Aye aye.

Forest green with tan canvas.
    If I like her, I’ll keep her.

It’s almost as if this knife “Raided” the shop for other designs.
    Recurve from the Knight? Check
    Clip point from the Mistress? Check
    Fuller from Gemini’s? Check
    Coffin from the Shark? Check
    Tank spine from the WarTrain? Check

Throw in a choil and double guard and you’ve got a one of a kind treasure find.

13. Leonardo63

May 24, 2017
    That right there is "Nailed it in Beast-mode"

14. Briandt3

Briandt3 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 29, 2018
    ^ This literally made me laugh out loud :)
    And I do remember the pics of your of your FM & FSH, awesome set and the black g10 will fit right in :thumbsup:

* I'm in on a comp finish with green/black g10, digging the camo feel on that handle..

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  15. JACKMANDU

JACKMANDU Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 10, 2019
    SILVER and BLACK!!!

WatermanChris, KXAL and MacLaren1 like this.
  16. MacLaren1

MacLaren1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 15, 2014
    Cool :cool::thumbsup:

17. CookieRawwr

CookieRawwr Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Well Garth has persuaded me towards it, I was on the fence. Now to see what knives to sell. It seems I only buy folders nowadays to have something to sell later when needed for Busses lol. I am thinking Maroon and Forest green would look sick on this perhaps.

WatermanChris and Briandt3 like this.
  18. Briandt3

Dec 29, 2018
    +1
    It was the post by Garth that pushed me off the fence and on to the Busse order page :)

19. Briandt3

Dec 29, 2018
    Actually it was Garths post and this one as well, the thought of a Buy Brown exposed spine sheath to keep her warm ;)

20. mikeymoto

mikeymoto Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 20, 2004
    I wish we could still get black paper micarta handles. I guess CF with black G10 will have to do!