Iron wood hunter

Good day all
Here is a little hunter I just got done thought I would post and get some critiques.
The blade 1084 guard is 416 stainless and the handle is iron wood.
blade is 3.5 " and 8" over all

IronwoodFix.jpg

thanks for looking,

Dave

Last edited:
i like it david....the handle looks big....is that just the pic or ?......i like a big comfy handle.....ryan

I like it very much. I don't think the handle is too big. Maybe it just looks big because the blade is small. Thats a nice looking hunter. Great job!

What are the specs for this knife?

I think it looks great. It has a really nice blade and handle shape, and superb looking wood. The guard is proportionately just right.

It sure grabbed my attention because it underscores all the attributes I hold dear in a knife: classic lines, pristine, unencumbered flow, and excellent materials (ironwood). With that Sendero style handle I would say elegant contemporary classic. Can't say how it feels in the hand, assess fit and finish, or if it can gut and bone 5 whitetails without a touch up, but for a field grade hunter this has it all morphologically.

On a personal preference note, I differ with Keith about the guard, feeling it hangs too far below the cutting edge. I prefer the guard abbreviated to a hair below the blade edge. Further, I'm evolving towards ferrules only on many designs, but I know this quirk bucks the establishment and might be bad for sales overall.

ken

That's a really slick little hunter - I like everything about it. H.aving handled a few of your knives, I know the fit and finish are every but as good as that picture suggests. Keep up the fine work.

Roger

I would like to see about another 3/4" on the blade, however it's a very nice little hunter. Beautifully figured ironwood, looks very clean, and the decorative little pin adds.

Peregrin

Traditional Forum Moderator
Gold Member
I think that little knife is very nice. I too like the Sendero style handle. I have a few with that handle design and they are a pleasure to use. Nice work.

Hi David, thanks for posting the pic! This looks great. The guard is trimmed down from your previous hunters and I think it makes a huge improvement to the look of the knife. I can see where Ken is coming from on the depth of the guard. I thought the same. With this said i'll take a longer guard anyday over one that is too short!

This knife looks amazing and if it's like the 2 I have the fit is excellent.

thanks guys for all the comments this is a style i really like to make.

Keven i'll have to try one a little longer and see how that works thanks.

Dave