Ironwood razel

knives061.jpg
hey,all
customer ordered our utility tactical razel in desert ironwood,opinions welcome. specs. are 3\16 154cm, desert ironwood, 4'' blade, 9'' overall,
1 1\4'' wide.

TDE

Glad to see Mr. Graham here! My wife and I met you at the Winston-Salem show a couple months ago and we were very impressed. Nice gentleman with some nice knives! This one looks like a total winner! Paul

Really fine looking ironwood! Really odd yet interesting looking knife! :eek:

Could you enlighten me about the purpose and impetus behind this design? :confused:

Thanks!

I LOVE the Ironwood and mosaic pins. The 4 incher looks mighty handy...

Misque, I'll let Jon handle the details...BUT...
I've used the razel and am awaiting my own Razel to come in a week or two :)
I have the shorter model. in 154 steel. I forget the length that's inbound. If you do a search on Razel you'll find many reviews in the Review and passaround forums.
here's one review that I did Razel review
It is a v grind blade with two edges. The chisel tip and the blade edge. Both are v ground and not a chincy grind either. It affords great cutting and scraping, gouging, and most anything I ask of a cutting edge. The corners are quite sharp and pointy for piercing. It must be a bear to grind the angles correctly.

I plan to use mine at work for things like cutting rope, strapping, scraping gasket material off of exchanger faces, and the usual edc stuff that we encounter including spreading peanut butter :)

Just cause I'm so excited here's a pic of mine in the making :)
knives058.jpg

Tom

why this is such an interesting piece of cutlery.
That was some rather impressive cutting, Tom. The thickness of that cable was daunting yet the Razel appears to have made a very clean slice right thru it. :eek: :eek:

Impressive indeed!

That cut through the large gauge wire, I forget the size terminology just now, was nothing short of AMAZING.
And it was pretty easy to slice thru. :)
It truly impressed the guys at work who are Ho Hum about all the cool knives I brought to work.
AND the edge didn't roll or chip. It was mighty sharp after the wire cut and I didn't touch up the edge till I was done with all my testing.
Kudos to Jon and Josh Graham!

or is it Josh and Jon Graham??
Hahahahahaha
Tom

Misque,
The razel was our first fixed blade pocket knife design,and like the one Tom is getting is 7'' overall with a 3'' blade. The design is what We came up with in our search for an EDC that could do more,and what We ended up with is the razel. the obvious is you can pry without damage to the point ,yet you have two stout tips , a double edged one, and a single edged one(you can clean your fingernails with the single edged tip)scraping ,and chiseling,push cutting in places you cant get your hand in, and like the spyderco maddox you can use one handed. One unusual thing I did the other morning, during our first frost , was scrape my windshield with it , after misplacing my scraper.
Tom, probably already answered your questions better, but I hope this helps.

Thank you, Jon. Fascinating design you've come up with on your Razel. Congrats on this impressive piece of cutlery!

All the best,
Mike U.

Wow Jon, I really like this one. Definetly on my wish list, I know a few finish carpenters and framers that would love to have one, Dave