Ironwood Tusker

Gossman Knives

Edged Toolmaker
Just finished this one. It has a 6 1/2" blade, 5 1/2" cutting edge. A2 steel. There is a possibility it may become available after Feb. 1st. Stay tuned.
Scott

Picture339.jpg

Wow! :eek:

Pictures do not do this knife justice. Superb design, fit, and finish. The Ironwood is gorgeous. Blade finish is very consistent and even (600 grit?). Full convex edge geometry is great. But who cares about that stuff??

I love this knife because it comes with a handle. A real handle. A man-sized handle. I might even start calling it a MANDLE.

Knives are tools and should, in my opinion, have tool sized handles. Scott totally hits the mark with this knife and it's MANDLE. This is not just a wilderness knife, it's a get-lost-in-the-wilderness-for-a-year-or-two-and-come-out-smiling knife.

This is the knife Richard Burton or Henry Stanley wished they had taken to Africa. I bet Jedediah Smith and Jim Bridger would have given their left nuts for this knife.

Home run Scott! Thanks so much.

On the other hand, I'm starting to think a full sized Big Boar Tusker would be a lot of fun now....Oh, damn.

Back