Is Chris Reeve gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read somewhere on the forum that Chris is no longer with the company and was wondering if someone could shed some light onto this subject for me? Thanks I was just curious

I'm interested in this also. I noticed he hasn't been attending blade or shot show for a while now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have also been trying to dig deeper on this, on the bottom of the history section on the crk website it says he left over a year ago

Interesting, last October at the plaza cutlery show his wife and associate was working the show. I wonder if he is ill?

Boom Shaka Laka

My understanding is that he has retired and is just consulting going forward.

Taken from this post:

Anne and Chris got divorced..Anne got the company in the end..he is gone from the company and cannot use his own name to create a new company.

Simple.

Taken from this post:

Anne and Chris got divorced..Anne got the company in the end..he is gone from the company and cannot use his own name to create a new company.

Simple.

WOW! I had no clue. I wonder what the future will hold. On a side note I just received my second small Inkosi (born date of 05/31/2016) and there was a new sticker in the box and the microfiber cloth is A LOT darker than the old. I wonder what changes we will see....

Holy Crap. Now this is a surprise and explains all the cryptic posts from the last week or so.

I hope he starts a new company and Heather follows since she was terminated from the new management at CRK.

The worry is for nothing IMHO. Probably the reason it hasn't been talked about is because the fear of the quality future etc.

Anyhow if the knives are the same quality they have always been ,it's not our business to get into the Reeves personal life. Their knives are our concern not their marriage .

Hopefully this can avoid becoming a tabloid forum. I don't know the details, and I don't really want to know, because it's not my business. Chris made a great contribution to the knife industry so I am sure we all wish him well with whatever his next chapter is. Behind every great man there is usually a greater woman, and if the Company is now being run by Anne Reeve, I'm sure we are all in good hands.

From what I understand Chris can still design knives and sell the designs to CRK. He can also consult.

That's interesting. But because he can doesn't mean he will.

Part of CRK is a design heritage. It's not that I wouldn't want, e.g., a Scott Cook design produced out of CRK instead of a Chris Reeve design, but I'd like to know which one I'm buying.

I hope he starts a new company and Heather follows since she was terminated from the new management at CRK.

The worry is for nothing IMHO. Probably the reason it hasn't been talked about is because the fear of the quality future etc.

Anyhow if the knives are the same quality they have always been ,it's not our business to get into the Reeves personal life. Their knives are our concern not their marriage .

Thank you- This is exactly right..

Whatever happened is between Chris and Anne- The discussion of the details are none of our business and thus are not going to be publicly debated here.

Chris isn't a spring chicken and he'd need to start removing himself from the day-to-day operation eventually. CRK has a reputation for being a great manufacturer and hopefully it continues to live up to that for a long time. I just hope they don't sell out to some investment firm and destroy the product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back