Is Ganzo Firebird F753M1 any good, please share your opinon if you have one !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ganzo are thieves period.... if you choose to support them so be it.... I'm only 15 yrs old and an outdoorsmen in all ways I get by with an hk soldat kershaw volt and a kershaw zing for folders... I will never nor ever have support thieves..... tle sharp posted a bunch of great knives in same price category that you could probably pick up off amazon with free shipping if that is the problem... you'll find most people here including myself hate thieves...
At least Ganzo makes their own designs every once in a while. And also this is just my opinion here but Benchmade stuff is pretty overpriced. They're products aren't great for what they actually are I have a 300-1 I got for $170 off Amazon and my rat 1 has better lock up and it was $30. It may just be a lemon but I have sent it into the factory and it came back the same exact way. I wouldn't knock the kid for trying out the axis lock if he wants but I would rather support Ganzo than some company that literally rips off entire designs from China that tries to appear as a company like Benchmade and undercut sales anyway.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

At least Ganzo makes their own designs every once in a while. And also this is just my opinion here but Benchmade stuff is pretty overpriced. They're products aren't great for what they actually are I have a 300-1 I got for $170 off Amazon and my rat 1 has better lock up and it was $30. It may just be a lemon but I have sent it into the factory and it came back the same exact way. I wouldn't knock the kid for trying out the axis lock if he wants but I would rather support Ganzo than some company that literally rips off entire designs from China that tries to appear as a company like Benchmade and undercut sales anyway.

Great first post; straight to rip off thread to pat the thieves on the back.

Great first post; straight to rip off thread to pat the thieves on the back.
I apologize for voicing my opinion on a forum for the first time my bad I'll just be quiet.

AFAIK the axis lock patent has expired.

I'm not positive but I thought someone in the past mentioned that benchmade updated the design slightly to ensure another round of patent protection. Who really knows though.

I would rather support Ganzo than some company that literally rips off entire designs from China that tries to appear as a company like Benchmade and undercut sales anyway

At least Ganzo makes their own designs every once in a while.

so let me get this straight if you have three cookies and I steal two of them and make another cookie so I now have three you would support me?

If anyone questions the the fact that they rip off other company's

http://ganzoknife.com/knife-ganzo-g727/

http://ganzoknife.com/nozh-ganzo-g742-1-bk/

http://ganzoknife.com/knife-firebird-f759/

Like I said, "manufactured". It's been a long time since I've seen a new Tabargan with an Axis Lock for sale.

Ok so that is your metric for assessing whether or not they still make them? Because you havent seen a knife that is only sold overseas for sale? Im just saying shiro is pretty quick to update their site with new releases and they still have both models on their website which to me is a stronger indicator of what they still make. Especially when they are models not sold here. Either way like another said it shouldnt matter to you even if they did stop. Stealing is stealing right? If ganzo stopped making clones today would you no longer speak ill of them? Just how many years and models can a company get away eith before its unforgiveable?

so let me get this straight if you have three cookies and I steal two of them and make another cookie so I now have three you would support me?

If anyone questions the the fact that they rip off other company's

http://ganzoknife.com/knife-ganzo-g727/

http://ganzoknife.com/nozh-ganzo-g742-1-bk/

http://ganzoknife.com/knife-firebird-f759/

Boker does the same exact thing. If you look through their boker plus line you will find quite a few clones just as close as those ganzos are. Do you support dealers like bladehq who have for many years carried clones of many knives including carrying a couple kevin john knives? Please dont mistake my questions for anything other than that. I really am interested to know. I can respect your position. I just notice specific trends in this subject and it points to it not being entirely about the issue of ip theft. Im kinda doing research on why some aspects of the subject bother some while others not so much.

Last edited:
id like to see this. ive had a few i put through hell just to see if they could take it and they did. if ya have proof to educate us then please educate, dont hold back. thanks.

ibtl, these threads never go well.

I'll see my coworker tomorrow that has them, I sent him an email to bring one in so I can make a quick video. I'll try to get it posted tomorrow.

I like my Benchmade folders a lot. But I think they are somewhat overpriced, so rarely buy them anymore.
But there is no way I will buy a cheap axis lock rip off Ganzo, or any other blatantly stolen design, even if it is good/useful for the price. To do so is supporting theft.

I've seen pics of a Ganzo straight out clone of a 950 Rift and it was very cheap to buy. I don't need to handle one to know that it just can't compare for quality and durability with the genuine BM 950 that I've had for a few years. Not to mention the top notch support BM provides.

The quality of my BM's are very good and I would rather have saved long and hard for a 950 Rift than have any number of el-cheapo clones, regardless of where they are made or what that countries laws may be on the subject.

OP, may I respectfully suggest you save up long enough to buy a real BM Axis lock folder. You only pay the admission price once, and I believe it's worth it.

DSC00053_zpszwj7hear.jpg

One of the ganzos I have had pretty soft steel. But I was at a show yesterday and I was surprised to see just how many dealers were selling clones and especially ganzos. Most of them had really positive things to say about the newer ones. Especially when in the firebird line. I saw some of the autos that look similar to your knife and they were impressive especially for the price. I don't get involved in the who used what without permission argument. My hobbies are the area of my life in which to be selfish. I buy knives for me. Its a product, not a relationship.

i agree, but the ganzos are all 440c so it shouldn't be any softer than others

well hundreds of knives have linerlocks, do they all copy eachothers or as you say "steal the design", of course not... i really don't give a flying fuck if this blade design looks like some microtech knife, as i said i am a teenager and can't afford knives that are like 400 bucks.... everybody is saying its shit because it has a axis lock and a similar bladestyle as a microtech without handeling one, i just wanted someones opinon that does not say that is shit because is "copyed" i just wanted a review of the quality of the build and so on, holy fuck, you can't even make a knife with axislock theese days becuase some jerk thinks its copyed and what not...

Hi fellow teenager (am 16)! I was also once in your shoes, buying Boker Magnums and once, a Ganzo. I had less budget than i have now and wasn't quite ready to save up much for a knife and would make do with any that caught my eye at the time without much research on the knife's background and materials.
Sooner or later, you might find yourself aiming for better and more expensive knives (for me currently a ZT0562CF)
When I bought my ganzo, it was also my last time, once the idea of a company who steals designs came to in my head, that it was wrong.
So good thing there are forums where we can all learn 👍

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

well hundreds of knives have linerlocks, do they all copy eachothers or as you say "steal the design", of course not... i really don't care if this blade design looks like some microtech knife, as i said i am a teenager and can't afford knives that are like 400 bucks.... everybody is saying its shit because it has a axis lock and a similar bladestyle as a microtech without handeling one, i just wanted someones opinon that does not say that is shit because is "copyed" i just wanted a review of the quality of the build and so on, you can't even make a knife with axislock theese days becuase some guy thinks its copyed and what not...
No need for vulgarities in GKD, most of those who posted just wanted to inform you of Ganzo's infamous background. But yes, the Ganzo i had was of good quality for it's price, albeit the 440C was kinda soft and the springs were very hard and had to take it apart to bend them. However if i were to buy another Chinese branded budget knife, it would be SanRenMu or RealSteel or Enlan.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
<snip>, as i said i am a teenager and can't afford knives that are like 400 bucks....

There are Plenty of examples of generosity on this forum. In fact, I have seen Benchmade Griptilians, Spyderco Enduras, Delicas and Dragonflies gifted out to those that couldn't afford them.
You are unfortunately taking everything personally instead of taking it as an opinion (or fact) on a matter that you asked for information on.

Would you get mad at a mechanic if you asked him for an opinion on something you bought for your car and he didn't like it?

Step back, take a breath and realize that there are folks out there that are more educated and likely have better equipment that they aren't using and would likely have passed on (if you hadn't come out swinging)...

You have a long way to go. Either work, save and earn your knife and respect it for that, or come to the table with an open heart, ears and mind, and appreciate the info and potential for hand-me-downs that may eventually present themselves.
Regardless, it all has to start from a base in respect and honesty...

Good luck.
-------
Glenn, edit out his quote/post so he can erase it and it won't stick around.
Warning doesn't help if you keep the evidence for others to still read.

i agree, but the ganzos are all 440c so it shouldn't be any softer than others

They should. This i agree with. But sometimes its circumstances that make it not so. Like accidentally using the wrong steel. This has happened to microtech as well as crkt. Also sometimes there is a problem with the heat treat on a batch of knives that may not be present in another batch. And there are also times that companies just get better at doing things. So while my ganzo from a year ago may have had an issue a newer on might not. Just saying its not always apples to apples even if the same materials are used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back