Is it a Nuke-YOU-Ler Icepick or a New-clear Ice pick?

Pronunciation?

• Nuke-You-Ler

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New-Clear

• Jerry can't pronounce two or three syllable words anyway

• Who cares, I'm almost done with my beer, so don't bother me.

• Total voters
He's from Ohio for crying out loud. No matter which way he pronounces it we'll still tell him he's wrong :D

Well, depending on how the count comes out, we may demand a recount.......... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

thatmguy said:
Well, depending on how the count comes out, we may demand a recount.......... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Have you been....oh wait a sec thats right no politics allowed. Email coming your way ;)

X-Head

Gold Member
What the dictionary says:

nu·cle·ar ( P ) Pronunciation Key (noo' kleer, nyoo'-)

Usage Note: The pronunciation (noo' kyu ler), which is generally considered incorrect, is an example of how a familiar phonological pattern can influence an unfamiliar one. The usual pronunciation of the final two syllables of this word is (-kleer), but this sequence of sounds is rare in English. Much more common is the similar sequence (-kyu ler), which occurs in words like particular, circular, spectacular, and in many scientific words like molecular, ocular, and vascular.

What the President says:

noo' kyu ler

I'll bet Pakistan and North Korea know how to pronounce it by now.

Walking Man

BANNED
KnifeAddictAK said:
Just call it sweeeeeeeeeet.... :cool:
I think that you'd get awfully funny looks if you told someone that WWII ended with the sweeeeeeeeeeet bomb. :D