1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it legal to own a sword in Connecticut?

Discussion in 'Knife Laws' started by therlol, Jun 17, 2017.

1. therlol

therlol

Jun 17, 2017
    If so, are there any laws I should be aware of? So far, I know lots about their knife laws, and I'm not sure if the same applies for swords. Also, I'm new here, so sorry if I messed up on this post somehow.

2. Mecha

Mecha Madscienceforge.com Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 27, 2013
    The best way to find out would be to run through the streets brandishing a sword to see what happens. Be sure to make a lot of noise so you get noticed. Please report back your results for the edification of other sword-aspiring Conneticutians.

BarnFireBlade, McFeeli and therlol like this.
  3. Jhansenak47

Jhansenak47

Nov 27, 2005
    Legal to own or legal to carry?

4. therlol

therlol

Jun 17, 2017
    to own, since swords are generally over 4 inches, im fairly sure they are illegal to carry.

5. McFeeli

McFeeli

Feb 13, 2017
    I'd wager it's 100% legal to own a sword in Connecticut. I don't think owning a sword is outlawed in any US states(maybe certain cities, but I kind of doubt that as well).

therlol likes this.
  6. therlol

therlol

Jun 17, 2017
    alright, thanks for the help

7. Sosa

Sosa

Feb 6, 2014
    Theres people who's job is to decide what you can and can't have. They usually live in a big city and don't know anything about what they are regulating.

Mecha likes this.
  8. therlol

therlol

Jun 17, 2017
    what those people don't seem to realize is that swords are nice things to hang on your wall, i personally do not plan on running through the streets swinging one around.

9. Mecha

Mecha Madscienceforge.com Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 27, 2013
    That's disappointing.