is it possible to have the belts modified by saddleback for smaller waiste sizes?

Last Visible Canary

actively parsing hurf durf
I got a size 34 belt thinking it would be 34 at the center hole, but it turns out that it's 34 at the very first hole. I'm actually size 31, meaning the size 32 belt would be a tad to big on me, and thats the smalles size Saddleback carries.

Does anyone know if it's possible to have dave or one of the workers just punch a few more holes and maintain the warranty? I don't want to just get a refund as I really like the belt, but if I have to void the warranty by punching holes myself, I'll just stick with my own hand made horse tack leather belt and get the refund.

Is it possible to just exchange it?

I too am a size 31 waist and opted for their smallest size, a 32 [reality 34].
Fits perfect and have not needed to lop off the extra leather.

That is also an option.
If you purchased a size 34 you can simply cut off the spare 2" of leather Dave provided on the belt to make it a 32.
He recommends this on his website.

Straight from Dave's Website
"If it's too long, no problem. Simply take out the 4 screws, slice off some of the belt and then put the buckle and screws back into the new holes already there. I made it so simple that my grandmother could do it."

awesome, I will do that then. I'll send it back and ask for the 32, and then cut it down. I think I'll like the belt more when it doesn't have the extra holes on the buckle side anyways. Thanks!

sigh... not having much luck communicating with saddleback. I'll just continue to wait for the email to get answered, and try calling against next week. I'd love to just send it back with a note asking for an exchange, but I don't know if I need to start an exchange process or not =/

got ahold of them via phone, and started a refund process. There is not exchange program, only refund and repurchases. The total additional shipping ends up being around 25$ from where I'm at in arizona to get a new belt in the smaller size, but I still want the belt.

got ahold of them via phone, and started a refund process. There is not exchange program, only refund and repurchases. The total additional shipping ends up being around 25$ from where I'm at in arizona to get a new belt in the smaller size, but I still want the belt.

Well in the end the belt has a life of 100yrs.
In that light, the belt is still extremely cheap. :)

Back