1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Is it time to start a "What's the next Mule?" thread?

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by PB Wilson, Nov 19, 2013.

1. PB Wilson

PB Wilson

Jul 17, 2006
    Despite lots of wild speculation and very little concrete fact, I wonder what's coming up in the next Mule Team blades.

I'll leave it at that. :)

2. ShepardCC

ShepardCC

Dec 4, 2012
    I'm ready for another ;)

3. Clanton

Clanton Cookie Monster

Aug 12, 2013
    I want to know about these also I have not been able to get one yet.

4. Mark in Oz

Mark in Oz

Jan 4, 2012
    My fingers are crossed for a stainless.

5. The Mastiff

The Mastiff

Apr 21, 2006
    We know 4V is somewhere in the future. I don't recall any other official statements.

Wishful thinking

CPM 154 ( high heat/High temper)
    W2
    A2
    CPM T15
    S1 ESR

6. shqxk

shqxk

Mar 26, 2012
    +1 A2 or 1084

7. gine

gine

Sep 2, 2007
    CruForge V
    CPM CruWear
    PSF 27
    CTS PD#1
    Vanadis 10

8. mainaman

mainaman Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Mule team 12 is Cruwear (according to Spyderco site). I am a bit vague on the names and not sure if this is the same as CPM Cruwear or the ingot version.

My vote goes for Vanax

9. dogrunner

dogrunner Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 26, 2003
    I don't have anything in 4V yet, it is out there, but it would be great to try in a Mule.

10. FCM415

FCM415 Banned BANNED

Jul 9, 2012
    Quoting Sal just 5 days ago:

Hi Tinkerer,

Welcome to our forum.

The Mule Team steels are generally selected from what is suggested by forumites, foundries or stuff that Eric and I think would be interesting. 4V is planned as is 110V + a few others that we think might be of interest.

sal

CPM may still be possible since it is a different steel from the ingot version.

I'd like K294 and S110v...CPM154 also for sure.

11. PB Wilson

PB Wilson

Jul 17, 2006
    A 110V will sell out in a heartbeat. Hope they get their computer shopping carts all squared away.

4V interests me a great deal. I love 3V and something with better edge retention while still being tough as nails sounds like a great combo.

12. ShepardCC

ShepardCC

Dec 4, 2012
    I would love to own a cpm 3v or 4v and a sv110 mules.
    They just feel so nice in the hand. Especially with the scales I made for them. :)