Is it too much? Need Input!

leatherman

leathermoderator
Hi all,
I need some opinions on a new direction I am taking in my leatherwork. I am starting to embellish the work with small carvings. Seems like a good idea at the time, but what do you think?

Ok, that is too Cool :cool:

I really like it, very good work.

How did you get it to look so much like our Mascot?

:D:D

Sweet looking Rat, Leatherman.:cool:
That's excellent carving! Me likes, me really likes.:)

Very nice! I think I'm going to have to order one after the new year. Do you carve other patterns?

-SB

Sweet huh! This LM is a talented SOB!;) :D

Here is a close up, hey, how did I get this? :rolleyes: :eek:

attachment.php

HAY!! You sneaky little...... How'd you get that! That is the face off MY sheath! :p Yours is right handed!
Hi Sharpbits, Yup! I custom design all my patterns, even the ones that only slightly resemble some other images! :rolleyes: Right Eric? :D
RVO3VOM, thanks, It does me good to know people like my stuff!:)
Gundy, we gotta talk on your getting (stealing?;) ) those pirated images...... hehehehehe ....:grumpy:
Anyone wanna see what a Howling Rat looks like? :p Now, this Bandicoot thing....what the heck does a 'coot look like... no comments from the peanut gallery, Gundy...I already know I am heading towards coothood! :p
Now if I can just wait long enough for my new HR to come in... AAARRGGHH!!! I hate the wait :rolleyes:
Only one thing, anyone got a 'coot (hush Gundy) they can loan me to make a pattern off of? I'll give you a heck of a deal on new leather!

LOL! Man, I have been tapped into your hard drive for the last 3 weeks! Mwahahahahahaha...

You should see what Eric has in his pics file on his hard drive! Yowza!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

It's gonna be one hell of a Ratty 2003 people!:p

Eric, please do not change your password, the existing one suits me just fine.:D

LM --

I've got a 'Coot at home just beggin' to go on vacation.
Since I can't afford to go myself, perhaps you would be willing to show it a good time down in TX for a few weeks?

I've been thinking about a canted (nearly horiz.) cross-draw pouch with a slot for belt loop on my jeans. Does that make sense?:confused:

Send me a PM, we'll talk.;)

...a 'coot,eh? Well, a 'coot is a big old bird, about 6'3" 190. Only talent is survival, not too smart but wiley. Easy to track but hard to catch -- best lured in with large chunks of smelly CHEEEEEESE !! Put that picture on a sidesheath Leatherman !!
MtMike :D

M'kay.... sounds like a challenge to me ...... now where did I put that picture of Yogi Bear, hmmmm....;)
Gundy, I knew there was someone rummaging around in my pictures!! And I was blaming the wife for deleteing all my girlie pics, now I know... :cool: Odd thing though, my wifes archive of male model pics is missing too!? :eek:
Hey, I just found a pic of Greg "the animal" Steel!! Now that sounds like a MtMike 'coot pic if I ever saw one! Yup I am an old time wrestling fan from way back when it was actually entertaining.:p

MtMike "the animal" Steel -- hey I like it !! Armed to the teeth with big 'n little Rats, Howlin' at the moon.
Throw me in that cage match !! :D
Mike

Thanks Leatherman!

The 'Coot sheath works great! Here's a pic of it on my belt.
attachment.php

Attachments

• coot_on_belt_sm.jpg
    coot_on_belt_sm.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 294
And the back side.........of the sheath. ;) :D
attachment.php

Attachments

• coot_back_sm.jpg
    coot_back_sm.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 244
That is one cool sheath my friend. Congrats to the owner and nice work to the artisan. You guys keep showing stuff off like that and I am going to try my hand it. I still haven't mastered kydex yet, but I am getting there.

John

Hey Dwayne -- very nice pouch there my friend !! The more I see of the Coot the more I like it, and I really like your rig.
I'll drop you a line tonight - another interesting "design challenge" I just inherited, would like your thoughts:D
MtMike

Cool!! Its not that often that I get to see one of my sheaths in action! It looks like it fits like it should, whew!! :D
Good to hear from you Mike! Been a little quiet form both ends, eh? I do like how that little sheath turned out, its the first time I have done one with that kind of cant to it. In fact it made me a little crazy (!) eh, crazier, heh heh, when I first started thinking about it.
Thanks Progunner, yea kydex is cool, but leather isnt super hot when you work it , and its a little more forgiving of slight mis moves. If you need some pointers when you get into the leather just give me a holler, or ole MtMike is alwayse happy to give a hand, or foot:D .
I cant claim the lanyard, but I would like to know how to do it as well. I used to do something similar with a flat plastic lace doing lanyards way back in Scout camp. Is this basically the same? If so I am good to go!!!:p
Now if someone will send me a mini spec ops aka ___________ (Eric, Gundy? I know one of yall is hinding one;))I have been thinking of a very nifty little sheath for one of those similar to the 'coot sheath, but a little more "covert" :p

Thanks guys. Dwayne really did a great job and deserves all the complements. :)

As for the lanyard, I refound the instructions HERE.

There is also a round version that can be found HERE.

And here's my source for paracord. It only has four inner strands, but with all those color choices I was willing to give up a bit of strength.

Rover or anything that can view that page, could you email the instructions to me? I can't get on USN, registered and everything no go.

thanks
dave

Back