Is my knife going to get seized? Canadian border.

Hi guys. New to the forums and had a quick question about Canadian customs seizing knives imported from the states.

I am a new knife collector and just started about a year ago. I have been ordering from some Canadian vendors with luck, but have found that the American site bladehq has a really good selection in terms of models of beautiful Spydercos in which I love so dearly.

Well, I admit I have made a mistake and bought a small knife from bladehq that I think may be illegal in Canada now that I have done my homework, it is pictured below. I bought it to add to my collection as a cool piece (not for any self defence carrying purposes) as it was on sale and I was able to purchase it without any issue online. It is labelled a “neck knife” not a push dagger but has the push dagger design from what I can tell.

Now I am wondering if Canadian customs will seize the knife. I’m ok with that, but if that’s the case, would they or do they seize the OTHER knives I have in that order? (Spyderco and a Boker liner lock folder) or might I lose these as well?

Just looking for some info as to what I may have gotten myself into and if it will be a nightmare to get my other stuff. Don’t care if I lose it I just want my Spyderco.

thanks guys for sharing your expertise and experiences

Hi guys. New to the forums and had a quick question about Canadian customs seizing knives imported from the states.

I am a new knife collector and just started about a year ago. I have been ordering from some Canadian vendors with luck, but have found that the American site bladehq has a really good selection in terms of models of beautiful Spydercos in which I love so dearly.

Well, I admit I have made a mistake and bought a small knife from bladehq that I think may be illegal in Canada now that I have done my homework, it is pictured below. I bought it to add to my collection as a cool piece (not for any self defence carrying purposes) as it was on sale and I was able to purchase it without any issue online. It is labelled a “neck knife” not a push dagger but has the push dagger design from what I can tell.

Now I am wondering if Canadian customs will seize the knife. I’m ok with that, but if that’s the case, would they or do they seize the OTHER knives I have in that order? (Spyderco and a Boker liner lock folder) or might I lose these as well?

Just looking for some info as to what I may have gotten myself into and if it will be a nightmare to get my other stuff. Don’t care if I lose it I just want my Spyderco.

thanks guys for sharing your expertise and experiences
You will still get your other knives if they are not deemed to be prohibited from import by the CBSA. If it doesn't slip past them, you may end up with a warning for attempting to import it. Then they will most likely search everything you order that comes through the border for years to come.

Back