1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 38 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Is the Gerber Paraframe worth the money?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by ilikecheapknives, Mar 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ilikecheapknives

ilikecheapknives

Mar 19, 2016
    I'm getting the the Paraframe I for an EDC knife.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  2. nick21

nick21

Feb 22, 2014
    Lord no.

Get a KA-BAR Dozier instead. Around the same price and size.

3. hermit dave

hermit dave Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 19, 2011
    No. It's not. You can get a Cold Steel medium Voyager for the same $$

4. deltaboy

deltaboy

Jul 6, 2014
    Nope they are not the same Knifes they were 10-15 years ago.

5. ATwistedStaple

ATwistedStaple Banned BANNED

Jun 26, 2013
    It's not worth much. $3-4 maybe. I'd only buy it as a knife to give away in lieu of loaning mine. Like a Bic stick pen vs. a Franklin Christoph. " Can I borrow your pen? No, but you can HAVE this one."

Had two very expensive pens walk off when I was a car salesman. Started carrying a pocket full of cheapos that doubled as business cards.

6. ilikecheapknives

ilikecheapknives

Mar 19, 2016
    Hermit Dave.How is that the same price it's about $70?:confused:

7. ilikecheapknives

ilikecheapknives

Mar 19, 2016
    Nick21.
    Thanks,that is a good suggestion.It's the same price and the steel is a lot better.:)

8. onojoe

onojoe Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Noooooo... get a Ontario Rat 1 or 2 for the same money. IMHO the best knife value out there

9. FortyTwoBlades

FortyTwoBlades Baryonyx walkeri Dealer / Materials Provider

Mar 8, 2008
    IF they had harder steel they'd be a decent little budget knife. As is, the things are so soft they might as well be made out of nickel.

10. ilikecheapknives

ilikecheapknives

Mar 19, 2016
    onojoe
    That knife is over 3 inches and my state has strict laws...

11. Yalius

Yalius Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 20, 2012
    That $4 Ozark Trails knife at walmart? It's better than the Paraframe.

That $5 folding utility knife with the replaceable blace? It's a better knife than the Paraframe.

That broken bottle with the jagged edge lying by the side of the road? It's a better knife than the Paraframe.

The Paraframe is not only bad as a knife, it's actively dangerous, given that the large holes in the frame are perfectly sized to admit a fingertip while the knife is closed and make a nice slicey contact with the edge of the blade.

12. Roamad

Roamad

Feb 1, 2016
  13. hermit dave

Jul 19, 2011
    $25 on amazon

14. hermit dave

Jul 19, 2011
    $22.00 on Ebay

15. EChoil

EChoil Banned BANNED

May 22, 2014
    While back I found a new small Paraframe on a wet street early one morning, apparently dropped by another runner.

By the time I'd 'experienced' it for a day or two I was pissed at whoever the hell lost it to me. Calling him names and everything....

I decided to lose it in the same manner it was found. I still feel guilty for doing that to someone.

16. willc

willc Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 13, 2013
    THIS.

You can get a medium clip point with 50/50 blade for 22 bucks shipped off the auction site.

17. RevDevil

RevDevil Super Evil Supermod Staff Member Super Mod

Nov 9, 2009
    Fill out your profile, or are we supposed to guess the state you are in? When you are asking questions of a "help" or "comparison" nature, it makes things easier for everyone if the person asking the question provides some amount of information. Help us, help you.

18. -Corey-

-Corey- Gold Member Gold Member

May 29, 2015
    The paraframe is junk, get the dozier.

19. SW-EDC

SW-EDC Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 4, 2015
    Another vote for Cold Steel. Gerber quality has slid a bit.

20. Bill1170

Bill1170 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I don't get it. The OP starts a thread asking if a model is worth the asking price. Nine minutes later he edits the post to state he is definitely buying one. So why bother asking the question here? The OP will buy it and can then answer his own question via direct experience, an indisputable teacher.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.