1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Is the KA-BAR Dozier worth the money?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by ilikecheapknives, Mar 20, 2016.

1. ilikecheapknives

ilikecheapknives

Mar 19, 2016
    I need suggestions and opinions before buying this knife...

2. jonnyfgroove

jonnyfgroove

Feb 21, 2008
    Well worth the money... I think this was my very first "real" knife when I started reading BF back in the day.

3. marcinek

marcinek

Jan 9, 2007
    Yes. Stop opening threads every couple hours and buy it. Much better use of your time. :thumbup:

4. ilikecheapknives

ilikecheapknives

Mar 19, 2016
    I have commitment issues.

5. grybsh7

grybsh7 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 5, 2007
    Dude it's like $20 bucks. Really nice knife for the money. I've had a couple and
    bought several more as gifts for family.

6. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    They are a good value. Just bought another two days ago to replace the one I gave away.

7. marcinek

marcinek

Jan 9, 2007
    Then how do you you like cheap knives if you don't buy any?

8. ilikecheapknives

ilikecheapknives

Mar 19, 2016
    It takes me a while to decide what I'm going to buy.:suspicion:

9. marcinek

marcinek

Jan 9, 2007
    Do you have an Opinel at least?!?

10. hermit dave

hermit dave Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Research and shopping around is half the fun. You may want to check out the clearance section @ Blade HQ. Sort low to high and you'll find a lot of great deals.

11. marcinek

marcinek

Jan 9, 2007
    Yes, but, the thing with low priced, affordable knives is that you can buy them. Then you can use them, get an idea if what you do and don't like, and get on with the serious business of researching and shopping for knives you can't afford.

12. hermit dave

hermit dave Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 19, 2011
    I'm the same way, nothing wrong with that. Fortunately, as far as folders go, I only buy Cold Steel. This narrows my search considerably.

13. Ruggdogg87

Ruggdogg87

Dec 21, 2015
    The knives you are opening threads about are cheap (in my opinion). Just do research and read reviews and then buy them. If you don't like them the losses will be minimal. Also instead of opening several threads maybe open just one with a few knives listed and you will hear what other people prefer.

14. DeadboxHero

DeadboxHero

Mar 22, 2014
    Hahahaha, Indeed, as the User name suggests. ;)

I think you should go for it man :)

15. ATwistedStaple

ATwistedStaple Banned BANNED

Jun 26, 2013
    The Byrd line from Spyderco is worth a look. As are Kershaw's Chinese produced knives.

16. ATwistedStaple

ATwistedStaple Banned BANNED

Jun 26, 2013
    I'd like to know what you have now. Is this your first knife purchase or do you have a few already? Will the knife be used for work in a warehouse, construction or for simple day to day tasks? Do you prefer one handed opening and pocket clips or is a traditional, slip joint pocket knife ok...?

17. nate1714

nate1714

Apr 16, 2005
    For the price you its quite difficult to beat!

18. RevDevil

RevDevil Super Evil Supermod Staff Member Super Mod

Nov 9, 2009
    Good post, I asked a question in the former thread regarding the OPs location. There is no mention of where he/she is from, so it hinders the ability for people to offer relevant suggestions. At any rate, most knives that are under the $40-$50 mark are going to give you a reasonably decent product. As long as your expectations aren't unreasonable. Everyone has to start somewhere.

19. GlockandBalls

GlockandBalls

Jul 30, 2013
  20. gazz98

gazz98 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Yes. KaBar Dozier > Gerber Paraframe by a longshot.