Is there any reason to not buy an Izula 2?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Yo Mama, May 15, 2019.

1. Henry Beige

Henry Beige Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 1, 2015
    I was drawn to the Izula until I saw the price. A Grimalkin and the Varustekela Mini Skrama together cost less than the bare Izula.

44ECCCDD-8377-48D3-9903-8E8F1C2DBDAF.jpeg

2. Chapp

Chapp

Mar 28, 2018
    I have the izula 2, but I'm really tempted by the candiru. I need to replace my Dragonfly 2 with a small fixed blade that fits into a summer short. What would you say about Candiru as an edc ?

gotgoat and Yo Mama like this.
  3. extrastout

extrastout

Mar 10, 2013
    I would say the Candiru would tend to roll around in your pocket more than the izula due to the shorter overall length. I feel the Izulas length is just enough to not protrude, but also prevent it from flopping around

4. DocT

DocT

Mar 25, 2012
    Yes the Candiru has the possibility of doing that, but I have never really had that problem. I do not like neck carry, at all. So, I carry my Izulas and Candiru in my pocket. They work well. I can thumb the sheath and it flies off like it was on a spring and the knife is in my hand ready to use. Of course, putting it back is another story.

extrastout likes this.
  5. DocT

DocT

Mar 25, 2012
    It is a great EDC and has a lot of similar characteristics to the Dragonfly, as has been noted many times. For summer, I would put some Vaseline or some other food safe protectant on the edge, but other than that, you are good to go. I often carry mine and where I live is HOT, and SALTY, and HUMID.

I bought the black Candiru and got the optional orange G10 scales from Knifeworks.com. It looks very cool.

6. Chapp

Chapp

Mar 28, 2018
    What about the handling of the Candiru ? Does it feel good to handle ? My dgfly fits perfectly in my hand for exemple.

7. MolokaiRider

MolokaiRider Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 13, 2017
    The Izula is a nice knife and has good fit and finish. Can’t think of any reasons not to buy it. Great warranty.

The Cold Steel is small enough to throw in your pocket. May be another option for you...
    F3278425-90AA-4D33-BFA5-0B4B1E330B25.jpeg B15A46E7-C43B-4D7A-940F-8BA1E66A6A6F.jpeg

8. DocT

DocT

Mar 25, 2012
    It feels good. In my big XXL hand it is a three finger knife, but still very comfortable. It could use some thinning towards the edge, but this is a tank of a little knife. The black blade and orange scales look great together, too.

9. DocT

DocT

Mar 25, 2012
    This is a great option, as I said earlier. I love the blade shape for a pocketable fixed blade.

10. Peakbagger46

Peakbagger46 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 20, 2017
    Reason not to get an izula? The blade stock is too freaking thick. I’ll stick with my esee 3 hm. Excellent game knife.

11. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    If the Izula 2 is a bit thick, would the LT Wright Patriot be a good alternative? Instead of the Candiru?

Deinos likes this.
  12. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Anything other than an ESEE would be great. Candiru is too thick for it's length. Many other knives with better geometry than the Izula/II.

MarriedTheMedic and buckfynn like this.
  13. CanadaKnifeGuy

CanadaKnifeGuy

Jan 27, 2019
    There's a video on YouTube called BK14 hard use.

Watch it in its entirety, and turn English subtitles on.

Amazing!!!

14. Alsharif

Alsharif Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 8, 2018
    What are your suggestions? I have an Izula and the stock is pretty friggin thick.

15. Irch

Irch

Dec 23, 2018
    I bought the Izula and l just lurve it![​IMG] [​IMG]

vba, gotgoat and jmh33 like this.
  16. Irch

Irch

Dec 23, 2018
    Gonna be chopping some rope into little pieces anytime now.