Is this a Blackbird?

I bought this on eBay, thinking I might be outbid haha. The seller didn't know the model. It looks to be a Blackbird to me just by my Google-fu. Anyone care to weigh in? 1999 model, by the way.

729a6e4a70bdb5ec0208a59b537ffacc.jpg

After some more research I believe it is a specwar.

Second question. Is there anything I can do to fix the lock bar which is at about 90%?

You are correct, it's a Specwar " A " model.

Send it back to Emerson to fix the liner lock.

Thank you. Any rarity or prestige to this knife?

IMHO I would say no given the condition it appears to be in, it's definitely not NIB.

Then again what's that old saying... one mans junk is another mans treasure, some people are going to prefer the older Emerson's over the new regardless of the condition.

Personally I would send it back to EKI and get that lock tuned up, then I would use it like a rented mule :D

IMHO I would say no given the condition it appears to be in, it's definitely not NIB.

Then again what's that old saying... one mans junk is another mans treasure, some people are going to prefer the older Emerson's over the new regardless of the condition.

Personally I would send it back to EKI and get that lock tuned up, then I would use it like a rented mule :D

Haha that's what I plan to do. It actually locks up super tight, just worried about it being so far over on the tang.

Thanks for the input

It's discontinued, and one of the models many of us long for a revival of.

It feels great in hand! Don't castrate me for saying this, but I think an option of a flipper tab on this would work pretty easily.

The way the choil dips down below the pivot pin would conceal the tab. Just a thought.

Not sure what the rules are, so if I violate them, please forgive and remove post: An Emerson Internet dealer whose initials are KSF has 2 new Specwar A black blade with tan G10. These were recent ones, where old blades were found and new knives put together. They are sold out of green handles and black handles.

--Larry

Back