is this a fake??? help please

Looks like things changed before they completely changed the logo.

Tomcat%203.0_zpswmjgbdxp.jpg
Tomcat%203.0%202_zpspdensoji.jpg

You're right. Didn't see any photos of the other side of the blade.
All the current Seki Folders have the model on the side with the SOG logo.
They obviously added the model to the folders when the box logo changed to the bullet.
But to the folders only.
My later Seki fixed blades with the bullet logo do not have model names as all the current Taiwan versions do.

Last edited:
At the end of the day we'd have to look. The etching on mine is different than the one posted earlier, (looks like its cut deeper into the steel and not exactly the same image), so they were likely made at different times during production.

Sac Troop,

I don't know if you know this, but the Tomcat 3.0 photo that you provided indicates a "blemished" knife due to the "X" in "O" in the word "SOG."

Just an FYI.

Regards,
d-1

Thanks for that defiant-1. I have never seen that SOG with X mark before and was puzzled.

3_54288_zpsfxfyfwsy.jpg

I'm not Craytab but I can give you an example. I have a Tech II which Says SOG Specialty Knives on one side (inside a box) and a lone letter "S" above Seki Japan on the other. No model designated anywhere. It is the larger of the two and has a blade exactly 7.25" (they were ground by hand and could vary from 7-7.375" You can see it here (Copyright © Notice: If you plan to use our information please cite our website by saying "Information taken from: http://www.sogknivescollectors.com" or mention our website. Hope its Ok to post this link as I have NO intention of EVER selling it!

http://www.sogknivescollectors.com/tech-ii-s12.php

The Scuba Demo, made from 2001-2008, was the only classic Seki fixed blade that had the model name on the blade
written in the middle of the blade. The Scuba Demo was also unusual in being the only classic SOG with he SOG logo (box or bullet)
on the right side of the blade rather than the left.

1580851_zpsvfmvqsr2.jpg

The post 2008 version renamed Demo and manufactured in Taiwan followed the standardized model name appearing
with the SOG logo.

sog99582-z_zpspdpnzkhd.jpg

"SOG Scuba/Demo" one of the very few "old school" fix blade SOG Knives I do not have in my collection.

Thank for the update, KenHash.

Regards,
d-1

I have two SOG Recon Government's, fixed blade with SOG stamp but no model name. Nice info Ken.
diQnVtb.jpg

i hope i am in the right spot . i have a SOG Trident i think but i can't find any with the same logo setup and pat number etc. if anyone could let me know why this one appears different i would appreciate it ..the quality of the knife seems great to me but i am by no means well informed. Tyvm

You need to upload your photos to a photo sharing site (like photobucket, etc) then "copy" the image there.
When posting here, use the 3rd icon from the right on top to add the url of your "copied" photo.
Right now have no idea if you are talking about the folder Trident, S2 Trident or Trident 2.0.

Back